Colombia and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- A land title is not enough: ensuring sustainable land restitution in Colombia
- Amnesty International 2014
- The violent struggle to control territory for economic, military and political reasons, coupled with high levels of rural poverty and the high concentration of land ownership among relatively few owners, has been one of the root cause...
- Gender-based violence in conflict and displacement: qualitative findings from displaced women in Colombia
- A.L. Wirtz / Conflict and health 2014
- Gender-based violence (GBV) is prevalent among, though not specific to, conflict affected populations and related to multifarious levels of vulnerability of conflict and displacement. Colombia has been marked with decades of conflict,...
- Colombia: Women Seek to Overcome the Barriers to Participation in Order to Achieve Peace
- K Ronderos 2015
- An advocacy document from the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom in Colombia calls for the equal representation of women throughout the whole peace negotiation process in their country. The position is available ...
- What is legal? Formalising artisanal and small-scale mining in Colombia
- C. Echavarria / International Institute for Environment and Development 2014
- Colombia’s mining sector is characterised by widespread informality. A recent census revealed that 72 per cent of all mining operations in Colombia are classed as ‘artisanal and small-scale mining’ (ASM), and 63 per ...
- The Colombian Land Restitution Programme – Process, results and challenges, with special emphasis on women
- J. García-Godos; H. Wiig / Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research 2014
- The majority of the more than 5 million IDPs in Colombia have lost their land due the conflict. This report describes the ongoing process of land restitution. The process is slow, and few want to return to the countryside. Women are g...
- Measurement matters: designing new metrics for a drug policy that works
- R. Muggah; K. Aguirre; I. Szabo de Carvalho / Igarape Institute 2015
- Supporters of progressive drug policy are committed to using scientific evidence as the basis for informed public debate and policy-making. This is more radical proposal than it first appears. It requires a fundamental shift in how go...
- Violencia sexual en contra de las mujeres en el contexto del conflicto armado colombiano
- Esta investigación es una primera encuesta de prevalencia sobre "Violencia sexual en contra de las mujeres en el contexto del conflicto armado colombiano 2001-2009", que se realizó en el marco de la campaña "Viola...
- Re-examining identities and power: gender in peacebuilding in Colombia
- D. López Castañeda; H. Myrttinen / International Alert 2014
- As part of a four-country research project on gender in peacebuilding, this report examines the case of Colombia, where society has been deeply affected by both decades of armed conflict as well as high levels of criminal violence. Th...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...
- Peace talks between the FARC and Santos government in Colombia
- D. Monteiro Dario / BRICS Policy Center / Centro de Estudos e Pesquisas BRICS 2014
- In the second half of 2012, the government of President Juan Manuel Santos, in Colombia, started a process of peace negotiations with the illegal group Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC). The initiative reestablishes a dial...