El Salvador and Rising powers in international development
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Cyberspace & open empowerment in Latin America
- Igarape Institute 2013
- With some 40% of the population now online, connectivity is expanding in Latin America faster than in any other part of the world. Correspondingly, across Latin America, governments have been struggling to keep up with the pace and ra...
- Climate change, adaptation, and formal education: the role of schooling for increasing societies' adaptive capacities in El Salvador and Brazil
- C. Wamsler / Ecology and Society 2012
- This paper examines the influence of formal education in determining the adaptive capacity of the residents of two low-income settlements where climate-related disasters are recurrent: Los Manantiales in San Salvador (El Salvador) and...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Increased spending on HIV and AIDS has not come at the expense of funding for other areas
- E. Lief; J. Antonio Izazola-Lice / Center for Strategic and International Studies, Washington 2006
- Produced as a background paper to inform the conference, Sustaining U.S. Global Leadership on HIV and AIDS, this issue brief presents a preliminary analysis of HIV and AIDS financing in developing countries. Drawing...