Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Ecosystem based approaches for climate change adaptation in Caribbean SIDS
- B. Chatenoux / Global Resource Information Database 2013
- Existing climate variability and global climate change are major threats to sustainable development in the Caribbean, particularly for the Small Island Developing States (SIDS). Hurricanes, storm surges and extreme rainfall events cau...
- Grenada national report on sustainable development
- Government of Grenada 2004
- This paper was commissioned by the Government of Grenada and provides information on the national circumstances relating to the implementation of the Barbados Plan of Action including obstacles directly related to climate change mains...
- Participation in the Caribbean: A review of Grenada's forest policy process
- S. Bass; J. Mayers (ed) / International Institute for Environment and Development 2000
- This discussion policy paper traces the story of Grenada's forestry policy to date and offers recommendations for improved policy which will work for both forests and people. The paper says that senior officials and politicians...
- The 2009/2010 Caribbean Drought: A Case Study
- E.J. Peters / Overseas Development Institute 2015
- This paper reviews the management framework for responding to drought disasters in five CARICOM countries. The paper also reports on some of the effects of the 2009/2010 drought with particular reference to Grenada and the Grenadines....
- The National Environmental Summary: Grenada
- A. Singh / United Nations [UN] Environment Programme 2010
- This report was prepared as an information and decision making tool to support the mainstreaming of the environment as a thematic area, responses and opportunities, including climate change adaptation, into the United Nations Common C...
- Energy snapshot: Grenada
- National Renewable Energy Laboratory 2015
- This profile provides a snapshot of the energy landscape of Grenada, a small island nation consisting of the island of Grenada and six smaller islands in the southeastern Caribbean Sea. The 2015 electricity rates in G...
- Fifth National Report to the Convention on Biodiversity: Grenada
- Government of Grenada 2014
- This document constitutes the Fifth National Report to the Convention prepared pursuant to decision x/10 of the Conference of the Parties. It was completed has been completed in parallel with the review and updating of the National Bi...
- Protracted Rainfall Decreases Temperature within Leatherback Turtle (Dermochelys coriacea) Clutches in Grenada, West Indies: Ecological Implications for a Species Displaying Temperature Dependent Sex Determination
- J.D.R. Houghton; A.E. Myers; C. Lloyd; R.S. King / Elsevier 2007
- This article examines how fluctuations in local rainfall at a tropical nesting site for leatherback turtles. The data is used to explore how rainfall may ultimately influence the sex ratios of sea turtle hatchlings both within and bet...
- National capacity self assessment: Final rerport
- S. Thomas / Global Environment Facility 2005
- This report aims to provide a comprehensive assessment and analysis of the capacity needs, priorities and constraints for Grenada relevant to the objectives and commitments of the three Rio Conventions on biological diversity, climate...
- Grenada: Macro-socio-economic assessment of the damages caused by Hurricane Ivan
- This study constitutes a macro-economic and social assessment of the effects of Hurricane Ivan on the performance of the Grenadian economy, in the short, medium and long term. The report undertakes a sector by sector analy...