Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Links between tenure security and food security in poor agrarian economies: causal linkages and policy implications
- S. T. Holden; H. Ghebru / Norwegian University of Life Sciences 2016
- Population growth leads to growing land scarcity and landlessness in poor agrarian economies. Many of these also face severe climate risks that may increase in the future. Tenure security is important for food security in such countri...
- Algeria: establishment of national vision 2030
- Korea Development Institute 2012
- Year 2011 is the fourth to conduct Knowledge Sharing Program with the People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria. During the eighth meeting of Korea-Algeria Task Force on Economic Partnership, the Minister of Prospective and Statis...
- Enhancing the consumer credit market in Algeria: with special reference to the credit card market
- Korea Development Institute 2007
- Through an extensive survey of the Algerian government ministries and agencies and substantial discussion between the Korean KDI School of Public Policy and Management and Algeria’s Ministry of Finance (MOF), the Knowledge...
- Establishment of Algeria's national vision 2030
- Korea Development Institute 2013
- 2012 South Korean Knowledge Sharing Program (KSP) with Algeria was carried out with the goal of providing a in-depth research based on the 2011 KSP program outcome, and propose a blue print of the national vision 2030. In order to com...
- Care policy brief on the need to focus on resilience to tackle the hunger and poverty crisis affecting the Sahel region of Africa
- P. Gubbels / CARE International 2015
- Every year, over 20 million people suffer from chronic hunger, and are trapped in a debt and hunger cycle from which they cannot escape. Substantial humanitarian and development action is required in 2016 and beyond, yet this crisis i...
- Understanding democratic transition using self-organizing maps: a special focus on Arab spring countries
- H. Haffoudhi; R. Mehdi; G. Abdelkader / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- In December 2010, a popular protest movement erupted in Tunisia and spread to Egypt, Libya, and across the Middle East. However, although “Arab Spring” countries began in roughly similar places, the current paper clarifies...
- Algeria–mail trade: the normality of informality
- S. ensassi; A. Brockmeyer; M. Pellerin / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- Informal trade is said to be essential to survival of the Saharan region. This paper estimates the volume of informal trade between Algeria and Mali and analyses its determinants and mechanisms, using a multi-pronged methodology. ...
- Assessing fiscal sustainability in Algeria: a nonlinear approach
- A. Chibi; S.M. Chekouri; M. Benbouziane / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- The main objective of this study is to examine this sustainability using a nonlinear model approach, based on quarterly data ranging from 1964 to 2012 on the Algerian budget balance as a percentage of GDP. The paper states that...
- Public spending efficiency, governance, and political and economic policies: is there a substantial causal relation? Evidence from selected MENA countries
- R. Brini; H. Jemmali / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2015
- This paper seeks a robust methodology for the estimation of the relative public spending efficiency of eleven Middle East and North Africa (MENA) countries over the period 1996-2011. Using the non-parametric Data Envelopment Analysis ...
- China in Africa: impacts and prospects for accountable development
- G. Mohan / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- China is the major “new” player in Africa and impacts on development and politics in numerous ways. This paper shows that China impacts on African development in multiple ways that go well beyond aid. The paper sets out an...