Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate of the Nation 2016: Australian attitudes on climate change
- The Climate Institute 2016
- Climate of the Nation is Australias longest running survey benchmarking community attitudes on climate change. Research shown here, and that of others, has identified mid-2012 as marking the low point in support for clim...
- The challenges of climate change: testing climate smart agricultural solutions for improved food security
- Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research 2016
- Climate change is likely to have far-reaching consequences for agriculture, natural resources and food security, demanding a response that integrates research, development and policy. Because of the disproportionate impact of climate ...
- A question of survival: why Australia and New Zealand must heed the Pacific’s calls for stronger action on climate change
- Oxfam 2015
- International condemnation of Australia and New Zealand's contributions towards tackling global climate change has come amidst strong efforts by Pacific Island leaders and civil society to catalyse international action and cooperation...
- A greener dragon? Climate change lessons and opportunities for cooperation between China and Australia
- N. Fox / Centre for Defence and Strategic Studies 2016
- Chinas commitment to climate change mitigation is an important economic issue for Australia. As China is Australias largest trading partner, any adjustments China makes to its economy will impact the Australian eco...
- Climate of the nation: Australian attitudes on climate change
- K. Stefanova / The Climate Institute 2015
- Since 2007, The Climate Institute has produced Climate of the Nation research capturing the nation's pulse on attitudes to climate change. This year's results show an increasing awareness and concern about the impacts of climate chang...
- The Heat Marches On
- W. Steffen; J. Fenwick / Australian Government Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency 2016
- In Australia, the start of 2016 brought heatwaves and heat spells to most of the continent. Despite the record heat, there has been very little action in Australia following the negotiation of the world’s first universal ...
- True or False? Facts and myths about bushfires and climate change
- This factsheet considers some common statements about bushfires and climate change caused by carbon and other greenhouse gas pollution drawn from international research. By 2050, compared with the climate of 1980 ...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- Australia, India and Japan trilateral: breaking the mould
- V. Ranjan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2015
- After the first trilateral dialogue between Australia, India and Japan in June 2015, another trilateral process immediately got underway. This paper makes an assessment of the prospects of this new formation in the light of history, c...
- The recalibration of middle powers under conditions of stress and opportunity
- A. Cooper / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Today’s global environment puts pressure on the so-called middle-power countries to project their identity and national interests. The current paper shows that middle powers have chosen different approaches to reinforce their id...