Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- UNDP climate change country profile: The Bahamas
- United Nations Development Programme 2012
- The Bahamas experience the year?round warm, humid conditions associated with the Tropics, but with more distinct seasonal variations than the Southern Caribbean Islands. Seasonal mean temperatures range from 21?24?C in the cooler mont...
- Ecosystem based approaches for climate change adaptation in Caribbean SIDS
- B. Chatenoux / Global Resource Information Database 2013
- Existing climate variability and global climate change are major threats to sustainable development in the Caribbean, particularly for the Small Island Developing States (SIDS). Hurricanes, storm surges and extreme rainfall events cau...
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- Working Group Report Climate Change Impacts on Coastal and Marine Biodiversity in the Insular Caribbean - Report of Working Group II, Climate Change and Biodiversity in the Insular Caribbean
- G. Cambers; R. Claro; R. Juman; S. Scott / Caribbean Natural Resources Institute 2008
- This report is based on a desk study of published and unpublished literature relating to climate change and its impact on coastal and marine biodiversity in the insular Caribbean. The authors identify several constraints a...
- Energy policy and sector analysis in the Caribbean (2010-2011)
- Energy and Climate Partnership of the Americas 2012
- This report analyses the state of the energy sector and energy policy in seven small island developing states (SIDS) in the Caribbean, with an emphasis on renewable energy and energy efficiency opportunities in the countries. The repo...
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas' initial national communication to the UNFCCC
- This first national communication contains an overview of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. This national communication is in fulfilment of the Bahamas' obligation to submit such a report under the agreement signed with the UNFCCC. The...
- Climate change and Caribbean small island states: the state of play
- L. Benjamin / The International Journal of Bahamian Studies 2009
- Studies have indicated that climate change is likely to have dramatic, negative effects for Caribbean small island developing states (SIDS). This article considers some of the main economic effects that climate change is anticipated t...
- Adaptation to climate change and managing disaster risk in the Caribbean and South-East Asia
- Caribbean Disaster Emergency Response Agency, Barbados 2003
- This report is an of the outcome of the Seminar on Climate Change and Severe Weather Events in the Caribbean and Asia, held in Barbados in July of 2003. Presentations made at the seminar were based on six case studies carried out in t...
- Bahamas national policy for the adaptation to climate change
- The Government of The Bahamas has prepared this national policy for adaptation to climate change. Specifically, it provides an assessment of the degree of vulnerability of The Bahamas to the projected impacts of climate change by sect...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodriguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...