Bangladesh and Environment
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS environment collection
Search for the latest environment-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Water Scarcity in Bangladesh. Transboundary Rivers, Conflict and Cooperation
- A. Kolas 2013
- It is often assumed that transboundary water systems are potential sources of conflict that can exacerbate political, social, and economic tensions and cause disputes concerning the distribution, use and management of water. While som...
- Seasonal Variations of Arsenic in the Ganges and Brahmaputra River, Bangladesh
- S.M.N. Islam 2012
- Dissolved arsenic concentrations in the Ganges, Brahmaputra Rivers and confluence of these two rivers show important seasonal variations and maximum arsenic concentrations are observed during the monsoon season (Julyâ...
- Underlying Problems of Ship Recycling Industries in Bangladesh and Way Forward
- N.M. Zakaria 2012
- Ship-recycling in Bangladesh has been playing as a catalyst for the economy by supporting steel industry, shipbuilding industry and other industries and it has also been generating huge employments for the country. But, existing probl...
- Background Chemical Study of Relocated Hazaribagh Tannery Complex Environment, Savar
- Y.M. Jolly 2012
- A background study of the chemical constituents of some environmental samples - tannery complex sand, river water, river sediment and river fishes collected from the Relocated Hazaribagh Tannery Complex (RHTC) area, was carried out. I...
- Governing the forests: an institutional analysis of REDD+ and community forest management in Asia
- J. Puppim de Oliveira; T. Cadman; H. Ok Ma / International Tropical Timber Organization, 2013
- This report examines the history, structure and monitoring mechanisms of REDD+ to better understand how it impacts upon, and interacts with, Community Forest Management (CFM). It presents case studies of CFM and REDD+ governance from ...
- Influence of Soil Amendments on Mitigating Methane Emissions and Sustaining Rice Productivity in Paddy Soil Ecosystems of Bangladesh
- M.A. Ali 2012
- Two field experiments were conducted at two different rice ecosystems, one in the upland rice field of Bangladesh Agricultural University farm, Mymensingh and the another one in the low lying area of Bhaluka, Mymensingh to investigate...
- Prospect of Solid Waste Situation and An Approach of Environmental Management Measure (EMM) Model for Sustainable Solid Waste Management: Case Study of Dhaka City
- K.M.M Bahauddin 2012
- Environmental Management Measure (EMM) model will be a well-designed approach for sustainable and effective solid waste management in Dhaka city. Environmental Management Measure (EMM) model has three instruments such as economic, reg...
- Assessing Environmental and Health Impact of Drought in the Northwest Bangladesh
- N Dey 2011
- Drought, the result of regional climatic variability is one of the dominant threats to environment. This study focuses on the biophysical, environmental and health issues concerning drought occurrence in northwest region of Bangladesh...
- The state of environmental migration 2011
- F. Gemenne / International Organization for Migration, 2012
- This report is the second volume in an annual series, which aims to provide regular assessments on the changing nature and dynamics of environmental migration. This volume focuses on cross-border displacement and the securitisation of...
- Community-Based Biodiversity Management South Asia Programme (CBM-SA) Mid-Term Evaluation Report
- C. Pionetti 2012
- The Community-Based Management of Biodiversity programme is funded by the Norwegian NGO Development Fund in South Asia and coordinated by LI-BIRD in Nepal. The CBM approach is being implemented in 29 sites across four countries with t...
- Equity & Justice Working Group (EJWG)
- Alliance of NGO and CSO activists in Bangladesh
- Institute of Water and Flood Management, Bangladesh (IWFM)
- Research, teaching and training organization focussing on water and flood management in Bangladesh