Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Assessment of climate change impacts on agriculture on Cayo District, Belize
- R. Rivero, Jr.; R. Rivero; Z. Rivero / CARibbean Weather Impacts Group 2015
- This report presents the results of a preliminary s tudy on the potential impact of climate change on main staple crops in the region of Cayo District, Belize. Modelled crops included dry beans, maize, and vegetables. A preliminary an...
- CARIWIG assessment of climate change impacts on selected crops and livestock in Belize and Jamaica: an example for the Caribbean Basin
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2016
- This study reveals that substantial negative impacts on food production should be expected from future climate scenarios such as those provided by PRECIS simulations made under different initial assumptions in Belize. This is an indic...
- Future of reefs in a changing environment: An ecosystem approach to managing Caribbean coral reefs in the face of climate change: Belize country profile
- A. Peterson; R. Turner; D. Gill; J. Forster / The Centre for Resource Management and Environmental Studies - University of the West Indies 2014
- This report provides a summary of governance and livelihoods research conducted as part of the Future of Reefs in a Changing Environment (FORCE) project. In this country report for Belize nearly 400 interviews and surveys were complet...
- A national climate change policy, strategy and action plan to address climate change in Belize
- Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2015
- The National Climate Change Policy, Strategy and Action Plan is comprised of both mitigation and adaptation interventions and the result of extensive consultations with a wide range of stakeholders, including government departments, l...
- Proposal for a national energy policy for Belize
- Organization of the American States 2011
- This document outlines a proposed National Energy Policy for the Government of Belize. The priority areas, overarching goal and specific objectives for the development of the energy sector can be summarized as security of suppl...
- Belize - effects of climate change on agriculture
- D. Ramirez / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2013
- This reports the potential effects of climate change on the agricultural sector in Belize. In particular, it addresses the impacts on all agricultural production, as well as on the sub-sectors of crops and livestock. Some of the key c...
- Emissions Reduction Profile: Belize
- UNEP Risø Centre on Energy, Climate and Sustainable Development 2013
- The Emissions Reduction Country Profiles are meant to serve as a useful tool for prioritising national emissions reduction efforts, both in relation to Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) development and for development of National...
- Helpdesk Report: Accreditation and awards for health facility standards
- L. Bolton / Department for International Development, UK 2011
- This report includes articles on accreditation for health facilities. It is divided into the following sections: Case studies in family planning Current family planning accreditation in Uganda and IPPF ...
- First National Communication to the Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- C. Fuller (ed); R. Wilson (ed) / UNFCCC National Communications (Non-Annex I) 2009
- In accordance with the Convention, Belize chose the year 1994 for its first National Inventory of Sources and Sinks of Greenhouse Gases. The results of the Inventory reveal that Belize is a net sink for greenhouse gases. Yet, it is ob...
- Second National Communication to the Conference of the Parties of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- UNFCCC National Communications (Non-Annex I) 2009
- Although Belize is a minute contributor to global greenhouse gas emissions, it will be among those countries which will be severely impacted by Climate Change. These impacts pose major impediments to Belize’s efforts to promote ...