Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- African Media Barometer (Benin 2011)
- fesmedia Africa, 2011
- The African Media Barometer (AMB) is an in-depth and comprehensive description and measurement system for national media environments on the African continent. This report focuses on the media landscape in Benin in 2011 and is written...
- Local knowledge and adaptation to climate change in Ouémé valley, Benin
- R.A.B. Kpadonou / African Crop Science Society, 2012
- This paper highlights the local dimension of adaptation to climate change and the importance of local knowledge in adaptation planning. It points out that, like climate, climate change adaptation is a dynamic and evolving process in w...
- Changing Patterns of Access to Education in Anglophone and Francophone Countries in Sub Saharan Africa: Is Education for All Pro-Poor?
- K.M. Lewin / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- This paper explores patterns of growth in participation in six Anglophone and seven Francophone countries in SSA with Universal Primary Education programmes. The results show that progress has been patchy and sometimes disappointing. ...
- Climate-proofing Energy Systems
- L. E. Williamson / HELIO International, 2009
- This document analyses energy systems in a climate change context. Many energy policies are driven by the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. However current mitigation measures fail to take into account the full impact of increa...
- A methodology examining 14 African National Agriculture and Food Security Investment Plans
- G. Branca (ed); T. Tennigkeit (ed); W. Mann (ed) / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2011
- It is clear that, in the face of climate change, the agriculture sector in Africa is being called on to increase food production to meet the food demand for a growing population. A number of countries have prepared National Agricultur...
- The impact of investments in ICT, health and education on development: A DEA analysis of five African Countries from 1993-1999
- F. Bollou / European Conference on Information Systems, 2012
- This paper focuses on economic data published by the UN, United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and ITU to develop and understanding of the impact of ICT investments on development in selected African countries over the last seven ...
- Bridging a crucial gap in knowledge of the use of information and communication technologies (ICTs) in Africa
- G. Farrell; S. Isaacs 2007
- This 'Survey of ICT and Education in Africa' seeks to gather together in a single resource the most relevant and useful information on ICT in education activities in Africa. This report synthesises the findings from a survey that was ...
- How can western Africa achieve an integrated approach to climate change and sustainable development?
- F. Denton; Y. Sokona; J.P. Thomas / Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 2001
- OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development) hosted a seminar bringing together various climate change and development experts from both developed and developing nations alike. Based on their regional perspectives, pa...
- 2009 report on promoting the deployment of clean technologies in developing countries
- World Bank, 2009
- Carbon Finance-Assist is a corporate program of the World Bank designed to help developing countries and economies in transition to better participate in the fast growing carbon market. The World Bank Institute has been entrusted to m...
- Exploring the potential for low-carbon energy projects for development in Sub-Saharan Africa
- C. Gouvello (ed); F. Dayo (ed); M. Thioye (ed) / World Bank, 2008
- Sub-Saharan Africa has an opportunity of choosing a cleaner development pathway via low-carbon energy alternatives that can reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. African countries stand to benefit from financial instruments like the ...
- Africa Rice Center (WARDA), Benin
- Africa Rice Center (WARDA) is an autonomous intergovernmental research association of African member states.
- Faculté des Sciences Agronomiques, Université d'Abomey-Calavi, Benin (UAC)
- Teaching and research faculty of agrarian science
- Groupe d'Etudes et de Recherches sur la Democratie et le Developpement, Benin (GERDDES)
- African democracy and development research network