Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate change and migration: a CGE analysis for two large urban regions of Latin America
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2016
- Migration is one of the strategies used by populations to adapt to natural shocks and also to respond to economic policies. Climate change will probably have an impact on the productivity of factors and on the health of the population...
- Vulnerability indicators of adaptation to climate change and policy implications for investment projects
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2015
- Relevant and appropriate indicators for vulnerability at both the local levels are significant for effective adaptation to climate change. The paper reviews the literature of these indicators, and explores this issue using a s...
- Rethinking the consultation-conflict link: lessons from Bolivia’s gas sector
- A. Schilling-Vacaflor / German Institute of Global and Area Studies 2013
- This paper shows that consultations do not only appease conflicts, but also exacerbate them as these procedures are used to negotiate broader grievances. The author further argues that narrow consultations (like those carried out in B...
- Public policy reforms and indigenous forest governance: the case of the Yuracaré people in Bolivia
- Conservation and Society 2012
- This case study, published in the journal Conservation and Society, examines the impact of forest reforms in Bolivia on the indigenous Yuracaré people. The recent surge in the efforts to reform forest governance-both thr...
- Contestations over indigenous participation in Bolivia’s extractive industry: ideology, practices, and legal norms
- A. Schilling-Vacaflor / German Institute of Global and Area Studies 2014
- The participatory rights of indigenous peoples have been at the center of conflicts over resource extraction, which have recently increased in number and intensity across Latin America. Using comprehensive empirical data about the Gua...
- Conflict resolution in a turbulent region: the case of the Inter-governmental Authority on Development (IGAD) in Sudan
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme 2013
- The UN-led global debate on green economy in the context of sustainable development and poverty eradication, culminating at the Rio+20 Summit, presented a unique opportunity for nations to examine different development models, highlig...
- Thinking about the politics of inclusive development: towards a relational approach
- S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- This paper indicates that a range of conceptual approaches have recently emerged within international development literature that seek to capture the specific ways in which politics shapes development. The paper critically assesses wh...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- Methods in governance research: a review of research approaches
- L. Sáez / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- The literature relating to the relationship between governance and inclusive growth does not appear to have reached convergence towards a preferred methodological approach. The purpose of this paper is to evaluate the strengths and we...
- Natural resource extraction and the possibilities of inclusive development: politics across space and time
- A. Bebbington / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2013
- The extraction of minerals and hydrocarbons lies at the core of modern economic and social development. This paper addresses institutional and political relationships that govern the interactions between natural resource extraction, e...