Bolivia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Extending the duration of exclusive breastfeeding in El Alto, Bolivia through a community-based approach and the provision of health services
- B. Ohata / Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative 2009
- This document reports on a project to extend the duration of exclusive breastfeeding in a community in Bolivia. In 2003-2005, the NGO COTALMA initiated a project to improve parameters associated with exclusive breastfeeding in the Bol...
- How does the work of boys and girls differ in the Latin America and Caribbean region?
- L. Guarcello; B. Henschel; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme 2006
- This study examines the child labour phenomenon in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region from a gender perspective. It represents part of a broader effort to improve understanding of how child labour differs by sex, and to ensu...
- Using pharmacies to provide reproductive health for young people
- C. Parker / YouthNet, Family Health International 2005
- This briefing, produced by Family Health International, examines the role of pharmacies in providing reproductive health information and services to youth, especially contraceptives and referrals to services for sexually transmitted i...
- Determining the variables that affect child health in Bolivia
- R. Morales; A.M. Aguilar; A. Calzadilla 2005
- Malnutrition is an acknowledged problem in Bolivia, although its complex causes are not completely understood. The aim of this paper is to identify the main determinants of child health in Bolivia. It also analyses the association bet...
- Girls' education essential for well-being of the country
- Save the Children Fund 2005
- This report argues that girls education is essential to ensure a more healthy and prosperous future for all children and for countries as a whole. The study shows which countries are succeeding and which are failing to make prog...
- National Insurance programme increases utilisation of maternal and child health services in Bolivia
- Partners for Health Reformplus 2000
- This paper, produced by Partnerships for Health Reform, reports on an evaluation of the Bolivian National Insurance for Mothers and Children (SNMN) programme. The paper finds that utilisation of formal maternal and child health servic...
- An analysis of social, ethnic, and regional determinants of child health in the Andes
- C. Larrea; P. Montalvo; A.M. Ricaurte / Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales 2004
- The authors suggest that child malnutrition severely jeopardises, reduces or impairs prospects for productive social participation in adulthood. The authors propose that it is a major hindrance to human development (defined as a proce...
- National youth strategies in Bolivia and the Dominican Republic provide model for youth advocacy
- J. E. Rosen / Pathfinder International 2000
- This report from FOCUS on Young Adults (a programme led by Pathfinder International) describes the formulation and implementation of national youth policies in Bolivia and the Dominican Republic, and draws lessons that can be applied ...
- Attitudes and perceptions the main factors deterring adolescents in Bolivia from accessing reproductive health services
- L.R. de Belmonte; E.Z. Gutierrez; R. Magnani; V. Lipovsek / Pathfinder International 2000
- This study, produced by Pathfinder International, assesses the role of physical, economic, administrative/process, and psychological barriers in contributing to the low-level use of reproductive health services by adolescents in three...
- Varying economic indicators influence assessments of poor-rich inequalities
- T. A. J. Houweling; A. E. Kunst; J. P. Mackenbach / BioMed Central 2003
- This study, published by BioMed Central, compares the impact of four different wealth indices on the measurement of health inequality among children in developing countries. The study uses the World Bank Asset Index and three other in...