Botswana and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...
- HIV-related discrimination among grade six Students in nine Southern African countries
- B. Maughan-Brown; N. Spaull / PLoS ONE 2014
- HIV-related stigmatisation and discrimination by young children towards their peers have important consequences at the individual level and for our response to the epidemic, yet research on this area is limited. This study exam...
- A comparison of supply chains for school food: exploring operational trade-offs across implementation models
- A. Gelli; A. Kretschmer; L. Molinas / Home Grown School Feeding 2012
- School feeding is a complex form of intervention that is delivered in various, context-specific models or configurations. This paper indicates that an increasing need for support and understanding of the different models and modalitie...
- Factors affecting prevalence of malnutrition among children under three years of age in Botswana
- S.E.O. Mahgoub; M. Nnyepi; T. Bandeke / African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development 2006
- This study was a cross-sectional descriptive survey conducted to evaluate the level of malnutrition and the impact of some socio-economic and demographic factors of households on the nutritional status of children under 3years of age ...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Life skills for young people leaving school
- Ditshwanelo - the Botswana Centre for Human Rights 2007
- Young people leaving school face many challenges in new areas of life which they may not have had to deal with while still under the care of their families. This comprehensive guide from Botswana gives advice and support to young peop...
- Examining worldwide practices of youth social entrepreneurship
- S. Maak / Child Rights Information Network 2007
- The term “social entrepreneurship” has emerged as a recognisable field in development work with young people. This growing interest began in the 1980s with the emergence of two schools of practice that aimed to invest in y...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- Stigma reduces take-up of support services for orphans and vulnerable children in Botswana
- G.N. Tsheko / Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa 2007
- Through a snapshot view drawn from interviews and focus groups in the town of Palapye, this book examines the situation of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in Botswana. Part of a wider project to improve support for OVC in Botswa...
- Social disruption, AIDS and poverty contribute to increasing sexual abuse of girls in Botswana
- S. Okello-Wengi / Child Rights Information Network 2005
- This study investigates girl-child abuse, especially sexual abuse, and identifies the major economic, social, and situational factors that contribute to the problem in Botswana, with the goal of lobbying government to protect children...