Botswana and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Factors affecting prevalence of malnutrition among children under three years of age in Botswana
- S.E.O. Mahgoub; M. Nnyepi; T. Bandeke / African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development, 2006
- This study was a cross-sectional descriptive survey conducted to evaluate the level of malnutrition and the impact of some socio-economic and demographic factors of households on the nutritional status of children under 3years of age ...
- How effectively do National Plans of Action address the needs of the youngest orphans and vulnerable children?
- P. Engle / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2008
- Although it is recognised that the focus of support must be on all children made vulnerable by HIV and AIDS, including those living with sick parents or in extreme poverty, the youngest are often invisible to programme planners, despi...
- Progress made in treating children with AIDS and preventing mother to child transmission of HIV
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, 2008
- This United Nations report shows progress in treating children with AIDS and preventing mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV, but urges greater efforts to stem the tide of the global epidemic. The report examines progress and c...
- Life skills for young people leaving school
- Ditshwanelo - the Botswana Centre for Human Rights, 2007
- Young people leaving school face many challenges in new areas of life which they may not have had to deal with while still under the care of their families. This comprehensive guide from Botswana gives advice and support to young peop...
- Examining worldwide practices of youth social entrepreneurship
- S. Maak / Child Rights Information Network, 2007
- The term “social entrepreneurship” has emerged as a recognisable field in development work with young people. This growing interest began in the 1980s with the emergence of two schools of practice that aimed to invest in y...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum, 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- Stigma reduces take-up of support services for orphans and vulnerable children in Botswana
- G.N. Tsheko / Human Sciences Research Council, South Africa, 2007
- Through a snapshot view drawn from interviews and focus groups in the town of Palapye, this book examines the situation of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in Botswana. Part of a wider project to improve support for OVC in Botswa...
- Social disruption, AIDS and poverty contribute to increasing sexual abuse of girls in Botswana
- S. Okello-Wengi / Child Rights Information Network, 2005
- This study investigates girl-child abuse, especially sexual abuse, and identifies the major economic, social, and situational factors that contribute to the problem in Botswana, with the goal of lobbying government to protect children...
- How can teachers help to empower girls against sexual violence?: experiences from eastern and southern Africa
- F. Chege / United Nations [UN] Division for the Advancement of Women, 2006
- To understand how teachers can contribute to empowering students especially girls to build positive gender identities and violence-free relationships, it is important to understand the way that teachers own gender ...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children, 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...
- Ditshwanelo - the Botswana Centre for Human Rights
- DITSHWANELO is an advocacy organisation with a key role in the promotion and protection of human rights in Botswana society.