Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- Social Protection for Sustainable Development: dialogues between Africa and Brazil
- World Centre for Sustainable Development / RIO+ Centre 2016
- Over the last few decades, Latin American countries have experienced a boom in social protection policies. This increase has been fuelled by the expansion of fiscal space as the result of steady economic growth. While many of these co...
- Monitoring and evaluation mechanisms for South-South and Triangular Development Cooperation: lessons from Brazil for the 2030 agenda
- United Nations Development Programme 2016
- In the past 15 years, South-South development cooperation (SSDC)1 and triangular development cooperation (TrC) have been growing in prominence as a result of an increase in resources, geographical reach and diversity of approache...
- Brazilian triangular cooperation in social protection: contribution to the 2030 Agenda
- United Nations Development Programme 2016
- International organizations have played a crucial role in this process by supporting the diffusion and transfer of social protection policies. However, the role of South-South Cooperation partners cannot be underestimated. Brazil...
- Climate change and migration: a CGE analysis for two large urban regions of Latin America
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2016
- Migration is one of the strategies used by populations to adapt to natural shocks and also to respond to economic policies. Climate change will probably have an impact on the productivity of factors and on the health of the population...
- Towards mutual learning with the rising powers
- J. Constantine; G. Bloom; A. Shankland / Institute of Development Studies UK 2016
- Rising powers such as Brazil, India and China have achieved major advances in supporting economic and social development in their less-developed regions and in creating health and social protection systems in response to the rapid cha...
- Climate change and impacts on family farming in the North and Northeast of Brazil
- H. de Oliveira Machado Filho / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth 2015
- Climate change has increasingly been recognised as the main challenge facing humanity in the coming decades. The starting point of this study is the consideration of future climate change scenarios and the uncertainties they bring.&nb...
- Health care facility climate change resiliency workshop
- Pan American Health Organization 2015
- In addition to their primary roles in treating illness and injuries, health care facilities provide a first line of defence in protecting individuals and communities from the impacts of climate change. However, recent events demonstra...
- Vulnerability indicators of adaptation to climate change and policy implications for investment projects
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2015
- Relevant and appropriate indicators for vulnerability at both the local levels are significant for effective adaptation to climate change. The paper reviews the literature of these indicators, and explores this issue using a s...
- Disabling the steering wheel? National and international actors' climate change mitigation strategies in Latin America
- German Institute of Global and Area Studies 2015
- The Latin American region holds important potential for mitigation and has a long?standing tradition of crafting policies and drafting legislation on climate change. This article addresses the question of how Brazil, Costa Rica, and C...
- Fundação Oswaldo Cruz / Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (Fiocruz)
- Fundação Oswaldo Cruz is responsible for a range of activities which include research development; highly-regarded hospital and ambulatory care services; production of vaccines, drugs, reagents, and diagnostic kits; education and training of human resources; information and communication in the area of health, science and technology; quality control of products and services, and the implementat...