Brazil and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- When kids call the shots: testing a child security index in Recife, Brazil
- H. Moestue; R.A. Giannini; K. Aguirre / Igarape Institute 2015
- The Child Security Index (CSI) is a comprehensive assessment of children’s perception of everyday violence. It consists of a digital survey that registers their fears, hopes, thoughts, beliefs and day-to-day experiences. The CSI...
- MenCare in Latin America: challenging harmful masculine norms and promoting positive changes in men’s caregiving
- S. José Santos / Institute of Development Studies UK 2015
- It is estimated that 80 per cent of men will become fathers during their lifetimes, making clear the importance of, and opportunity for, engaging men and boys in care giving. This study details the implementation and impact of ...
- Bolsa Família after Brasil Carinhoso: an analysis of the potential for reducing extreme poverty
- R. Guerreiro Osorio; P.H.G. Ferreira de Souza / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth 2013
- The Bolsa Família Programme (Programa Bolsa Família– PBF) is a monthly cash transfer from the Brazilian federal government to poor and extremely poor families enrolled in the Single Registry of Social Programmes. S...
- Social programmes and job promotion for the BRICS Youth
- P. Lara de Arruda; A.K. Slingsby / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth 2014
- Besides scaling up and improving the operationalisation of the initiatives designed to offer credit, work opportunities and vocational training to the youth, the BRICS nations, like all the nations of the globe, are faced with the pre...
- “She goes with me in my boat”: child and adolescent marriage in Brazil
- Promundo 2015
- In the emerging body of evidence on child and adolescent marriage in Central and Latin America, Brazil stands out due to the sharp contrast between the country’s high ranking in terms of absolute numbers and the lack of research...
- Assessment of crime and violence in Mozambique and recommendations for violence prevention and reduction
- Open Society Initiative for Southern Africa 2012
- Mozambique also suffers from country specific crime challenges. For example, levels are burglary and livestock theft are ranked highest in all of Africa with 13% and 19% of respondents respectively reporting victimisation. While prope...
- Research briefing: the impact of SENAI's vocational training programme on employment, wages, and mobility in Brazil: What lessons for Sub Saharan Africa?
- International Research Initiative on Brazil and Africa 2014
- In Sub-Saharan Africa, there is ample evidence of the significant role that education plays on shaping the labour market transition of young people. When comparing Brazil with some countries in the region, the data suggests that the h...
- The impact of SENAI's vocational training programme on employment, wages, and mobility in Brazil: what lessons for Sub Saharan Africa?
- C.V. Barría; S. Klase / International Research Initiative on Brazil and Africa 2014
- In Brazil, the National Service for Industrial Training (SENAI) has existed for decades as the main building block of the Brazilian S-system of vocational training. It is a private non-profit organisation, managed and led by industria...
- Home Grown School Feeding and social protection
- S. Devereux; R. Sabates-Wheeler; A.P. Martínez / Home Grown School Feeding 2010
- This paper argues that Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) programmes have great potential to deliver various social protection benefits, not only for schoolchildren and their families but also for food supplying farmers. The pape...