Bulgaria and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Social exclusion of Roma children
- Child Rights Information Network, 2007
- This document addresses the key issues involving social exclusion of Roma children in eight South eastern European countries. It identifies the most critical issues that, if addressed properly, can break the intergenerational cycle of...
- Child poverty status in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (SEE/CIS)
- UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2006
- This study examines child poverty in the 20 countries of South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States (SEE/CIS). It is designed to stimulate effective policy responses and action in these countries towards the decis...
- Practical programmes to encourage positive non-violent behaviour towards children
- T. Moreno; J. Jan van Dongen / Bernard van Leer Foundation, 2006
- This edition of Early Childhood Matters examines initiatives to discourage parents, teachers and others from using violence against children and encourage more positive strategies. The edition begins with an interview with Jaa...
- Successful youth employment initiatives in the Balkans
- C. L. Thorup; M. Livanos Cattaui / International Youth Foundation, 2004
- This paper looks at three youth employment initiatives in Romania, Bulgaria and Romania. These countries are characterised by high youth unemployment and limited opportunities for youth employment: the initiatives provide examples of ...
- Building effective youth policy in South Eastern Europe
- G. La Cava; P. Lytle; K. Kolev; C. Clert / World Bank, 2004
- This paper looks at the situation of youth in South Eastern Europe (SEE). It asks the following questions: How are young people at risk? What are the economic and social implications of these risks? How are youth disadvantaged in the ...
- Understanding the impact of social and economic change on child well-being in Bulgaria
- G. Roumiana; K. Alexandre / UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre, 2000
- The paper investigates the changes that occurred over the last decade in three dimensions of child welfare recognised as fundamental child rights - economic well-being, health and education. Then it concentrates on particularly vulner...
- Social safety net and the poor during the transition : the case of Bulgaria
- Fareed M.A. Hassan; R. Kyle Peters / Policy Research Working Papers, World Bank, 1995
- Bulgaria's social safety net is not well targeted; too many benefits accrue to better off households rather than to the poor. Comprehensive reform is needed, focusing on pensions, unemployment benefits, child allowances, and social as...