Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- War and peace in the Great Lakes Region
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2016
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy research seminar in Cape Town, from 19 to 20 March 2016, on the theme War and Peace in the Great Lakes Region. The meeting ...
- Climate resilient development: experience from an African capacity development programme
- The African Ministers' Council on Water 2016
- This learning brief presents insights and lessons learned from a capacity development programme on water security and climate resilient development covering eight countries in Africa Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Ghana, Moza...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- Women and girls failed: the Burundian refugee response in Tanzania
- Refugees International 2015
- Since April 2015, political instability and violence has rocked Burundi, forcing an estimated 220,000 people to flee to neighbouring countries. Approximately half of these refugees are women, and around half of the many women who repo...
- Living Peace Groups Implementation Manual and Final Project Report: GBV Prevention and Social Restoration in the DRC and Burundi - Promundo - EN
- World Bank 2014
- This manual provides the resources and tools for organizations and practitioners in post-conflict settings based on work conducted in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Burundi to sustainably engage men in gender-based violence prev...
- 2016: The year of Engaging Men and Boys in stopping gender-based violence | Policy and research from CARE Insights
- CARE International 2015
- This policy brief outlines how the NGO CARE International has developed programmes to engage men and boys for over 15 years with the aim of achieving gender equality. It draws on evidence from the curriculum-based approach developed i...
- Gender equality in Burundi: Why does support not extend to women's right to inherit land?
- A. Ndikumana / Afrobarometer 2015
- With 27,834 km² of surface area and a population of 10.5 million, Burundi’s population density is seven times that of Tanzania and second only to Rwanda’s on the African mainland (World Bank, 2014). Its population gro...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This report shares perspectives and insights from young people from around the world living with and affected by HIV, who share their visions for realising and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and for se...
- Energetic dialogues in South Africa: the Inga example
- A. Maupin / South African Institute of International Affairs 2015
- Studies of major hydropower projects such as that at the Grand Inga Dam in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) stress generation capacity and call for regional integration. Concentrating on the Inga site’s existing and fu...
- Security and governance in the Great Lakes Region: seminar report
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2015
- The Great Lakes region – focusing largely around Burundi, the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Rwanda, and Uganda – is central not only to Africa’s geography but also to continental security and governance. ...