Cambodia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children’s action for disaster risk reduction: views from children in Asia
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR), 2012
- This report indicates that Asian children and youth have been involved in hazard mapping, raising awareness through radio and games, as well as influencing other children, their teachers, parents and communities on how to reduce the e...
- How to address school development issues through activities and training
- Educational Quality Improvement Program, USAID, 2008
- This toolkit outlines activities and training methods to address problems that affect school attendance and development in Cambodia. The toolkit is organised into a website developed to engage school committees to prioritize the probl...
- Shocks and household decisions on children's work and schooling in rural Cambodia
- L. Guarcello; I. Kovrova; F. C. Rosati / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2007
- The paper analyses the effect of different shocks on household decisions concerning children’s involvement in work and school in rural Cambodia. It examines the differential impact of three different types of shocks using propen...
- Understanding trafficking and sexual exploitation of Vietnamese children in Cambodia
- J. K. Reimer / Humantrafficking.org, 2006
- Examining what ‘risk variables’ positively incline Vietnamese families in Cambodia to consider the sale of their children for sexual exploitation, this study finds that major risk factors include crisis/extra-ordinary expe...
- Can education partnerships promote equal opportunities for girls?
- United Nations Girls' Education Initiative, 2007
- This document looks at education partnerships as a way of empowering girls and promoting equal opportunities. It discuses seven case studies from East Asia on programmes addressing the educational needs of girls, particularly those wh...
- Exploitation of young migrant workers in Thailand
- E. Pearson; S. Punpuing; A. Jampaklay / Human Trafficking, 2006
- Thailand has emerged as the number one destination in cross-border trafficking of children and women. Many children and young women from Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR migrate to Thailand in search of better life. Often their journey l...
- Child domestic workers and commercially sexually exploited women and girls
- E. Brown / International Organization for Migration, 2007
- What are the processes and mechanisms of trafficking within Cambodia for the two target groups, Commercially Sexually Exploited Women and Girls (CSEWGs) and child domestic workers (CDWs)? This study looks at how the ‘pull’...
- Why do so many primary-age children in Cambodia work?
- United Nations Children's Fund, 2006
- In Cambodia, more than half of all children begin working by the age of 10. This report provides an overview of the child labour phenomenon in Cambodia its extent and nature, its determinants, and the consequences for children&...
- Tackling child labour in Cambodia
- Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2006
- Child labour constitutes a key obstacle to achieving universal primary education and other Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). This report provides an overview of child labour in Cambodia, its extent and nature, its determinants, and...
- Does pornography affect children’s gender identity?
- G. Fordham / Child Rights Information Network, 2006
- Pornography is directly implicated in issues such as gender-based violence, the use of commercial sex workers, the spread of HIV/AIDS and the rape of children. This report explores how representation of the sexual practices, as depict...
- Legal Support for Children and Women, Cambodia (LSCW)
- Legal support for exploited labourers, Cambodia
- Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation, Cambodia (MoSVY)
- Cambodian Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans and Youth Rehabilitation (MoSVY)