Cambodia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Understanding trafficking and sexual exploitation of Vietnamese children in Cambodia
- J. K. Reimer / Humantrafficking.org 2006
- Examining what ‘risk variables’ positively incline Vietnamese families in Cambodia to consider the sale of their children for sexual exploitation, this study finds that major risk factors include crisis/extra-ordinary expe...
- Exploitation of young migrant workers in Thailand
- E. Pearson; S. Punpuing; A. Jampaklay / Human Trafficking 2006
- Thailand has emerged as the number one destination in cross-border trafficking of children and women. Many children and young women from Myanmar, Cambodia and Lao PDR migrate to Thailand in search of better life. Often their journey l...
- Why do so many primary-age children in Cambodia work?
- United Nations Children's Fund 2006
- In Cambodia, more than half of all children begin working by the age of 10. This report provides an overview of the child labour phenomenon in Cambodia its extent and nature, its determinants, and the consequences for children&...
- Tackling child labour in Cambodia
- Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme 2006
- Child labour constitutes a key obstacle to achieving universal primary education and other Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). This report provides an overview of child labour in Cambodia, its extent and nature, its determinants, and...
- Protecting and promoting the rights of the child in Asia
- International Bureau for Children’s Rights 2006
- This report summarises country profiles on childrens rights in Cambodia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Timor Leste, and Vietnam. The report aims to highlight the existing challenges and gaps in the progress and at implementing the Conve...
- Using pharmacies to provide reproductive health for young people
- C. Parker / YouthNet, Family Health International 2005
- This briefing, produced by Family Health International, examines the role of pharmacies in providing reproductive health information and services to youth, especially contraceptives and referrals to services for sexually transmitted i...
- The working lives of Cambodian beer promotion girls
- International Labour Organization 2006
- With the increasing sophistication of consumer marketing, the alcohol and beverage industries in Cambodia and other Greater Mekong Sub-region (GMS) countries have found new ways to advertise their competing products through the employ...
- Lessons learnt in combating hazardous work and child labour in Cambodia
- International Labour Organization 2004
- This report shares the good practices and lessons learnt from three ILO-IPEC programmes combating hazardous work and child labour in Cambodia. There are three economic sectors in Cambodia where children and youth are visibly observed ...
- Child labour monitoring system: lessons learnt in Cambodia
- T. Chhorvirith; S. Meng; S. Kosal / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour 2005
- This document aims to share the experiences and lessons on child labour monitoring from an ILO-IPEC programme on eliminating child labour in the rubber, salt and fishing sectors in Cambodia. The programme focused on a vital package of...
- Trafficking, bullying and gang violence in Cambodia: children's perspectives
- G. Miles; S. Varin / World Vision International Resources on Child Rights 2006
- This report explores the prevalence of three aspects of the problem of violence against children - trafficking of children, bullying and gang violence against adults. This report follows a first report on sexual abuse, domestic violen...