Central African Republic
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Fractured peacebuilding in the Central African Republic: lessons for African Union engagement
- G. de Carvalho; A. Lucey / Institute for Security Studies 2016
- The Central African Republic (CAR) has seen decades of fracturedpeacebuilding processes. after holding elections in 2016, the country can seize the opportunity to reach sustainable peace. This policy brief looks at the role pl...
- The Women, Peace, and Security Agenda in the CAR: Implications for MINUSCA and the Samba-Panza Interim Government
- A. Edwards / Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre 2014
- Since 2000, the UN Security Council (UNSC) has ratified seven complementary resolutions regarding the inclusion of women’s perspectives during peace processes, and their gender-specific experiences of conflict. This doctrine, kn...
- Preventing and punishing sexual violence: the work of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region
- A. Ndinga-Muvumba / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2013
- The International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) seeks to coordinate the efforts of a regional security community while simultaneously addressing the difficult and deep-rooted problems of sexual and gender-based violence...
- Financing readiness: insights from the Amazon Fund and Congo Basin Forest Funds' efforts to reduce emissions from deforestation and degradation
- C. Watson; S. Nakhooda / Overseas Development Institute 2014
- Finance to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation, forest conservation, sustainable management of forests and the enhancement of forest carbon stocks (REDD+) has been innovatively structured to support ‘readi...
- The state of African cities 2010: governance, inequality and urban land markets
- D. Simon; M. Serageldin; C. Gueye / Urban LandMark 2010
- In the early 2040s, African cities will collectively be home to one billion, equivalent to the continent’s total population in 2009. This book argues that since cities are the future habitat for the majority of Africans, African...
- State of the rainforest 2014
- E. Hofsvang (ed); F. Seymour / Rainforest Foundation Norway 2014
- Destruction of the rainforest and other tropical forests continue on a dramatic scale in spite of unprecedented global attention to the issue of deforestation and the role of forests in mitigating greenhouse gas emissions. The global ...
- Reintegrating ex-combatants in the Great Lakes region: Lessons learned
- N. Alusala / Institute for Security Studies 2011
- Africa’s Great Lakes region has known conflict for a considerable period of time, and this has been met with several initiatives aimed at managing the situation in a sustainable way. One such initiative was the Multi-country Dem...
- State fragility in the Central African Republic : What prompted the 2013 coup?
- S. Herbert / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2013
- This paper explores fragility, security and political processes in the Central African Republic. It examines the national dialogue processes of 2003 and 2008 and the peace agreements of 2008 and 2013, and the resulting political settl...
- Lessons from REDD+ readiness implementation experience in the Republic of Congo: getting ready for REDD+ under uncertain, national circumstances
- P. Mbile / Congo Basin Forest Fund 2012
- This report presents lessons learned from readiness activities in the Republic of Congo towards reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of f...
- REDD+ and community forestry: lessons from an exchange of Brazilian experiences with Africa
- V. M. Viana / World Bank 2012
- This publication is a contribution to the ongoing debate on the design of national strategies to reduce deforestation and forest degradation while contributing to the wellbeing of forest-dependent communities. It is the result of a So...