Chad and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Refugee girls in states affected by armed conflict
- Women's Refugee Commission, 2009
- More than 140 million girls live in fragile states affected by armed conflict. As they flee from war, girls face many dangers, including rape, landmines, gunfire and hunger. They may be recruited into armed forces or captured by traff...
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA, 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Children in armed conflict: current trends and concerns
- Reliefweb, 2007
- This document is the annual report from the Secretary-General. It details progress in the implementation of SC Resolution 1612 – ending the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict and its monitoring and reporting mecha...
- Can Chad stop recruiting child soldiers?
- Human Rights Watch, 2007
- This document critically examines the recruitment of child soldiers in Chad by both the Front Uni pour le Changement (FUC) rebels and the government. It also takes a look at the international response from governments and organisation...
- Varying economic indicators influence assessments of poor-rich inequalities
- T. A. J. Houweling; A. E. Kunst; J. P. Mackenbach / BioMed Central, 2003
- This study, published by BioMed Central, compares the impact of four different wealth indices on the measurement of health inequality among children in developing countries. The study uses the World Bank Asset Index and three other in...