Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Nutritional improvement for children in urban Chile and Kenya
- P. Pridmore / Department for International Development, UK 2014
- Since 2010, the NICK study has sought to help two project countries, Chile and Kenya, reduce urban malnutrition in young children by facilitating intersectoral actions to change the social determinants. In urban Kenya chronic stunting...
- Identifying and tackling the social determinants of child malnutrition in urban informal settlements and slums: a cross national review of the evidence for action
- P. Pridmore / Institute of Education, University of London 2011
- Urbanisation can bring many benefits the rate of change but in many developing countries the rate of change has been so fast and so dramatic that many cities have been unable to cope. Rapid, unplanned urbanisation has led to widesprea...
- Cash transfer programmes, poverty reduction and empowerment of women: a comparative analysis
- E. Fultz; J. Francis / International Labour Organization 2013
- This working paper is a comparative analysis of selected cash transfer programmes (CTPs) from Brazil, Chile, India, Mexico and South Africa that aims to better understand how to increase the impact of CTPs on women’s poverty all...
- Whose public spaces? Citizen participation in urban planning in Santiago, Chile
- V.:Viviana Fernández Prajoux / International Institute for Environment and Development 2013
- This article describes how community action stopped two planning proposals to build in public spaces in Las Condes, a commune in the metropolitan area of Santiago in Chile. The first proposal was the construction of a shopping mall by...
- Implications of an RP-US FTA on the Philippine financial services industry and the Philippine economy
- L. Calderon-Kabigting; L.S. Patiu / Philippine Institute for Development Studies 2006
- The Philippines to remain competitive in the dynamic finance world has introduced reforms into its financial system. In the 80s and 90s, the Philippine financial system underwent reforms covering the banking industry, financial market...
- Innovative features in conditional cash transfers: an impact evaluation of Chile Solidario on households and children
- B. Martorano; M. Sanfilippo / UNICEF Innocenti Research Centre 2012
- Chile Solidario is an avant garde CCT in the Latin American context, introducing innovative features which are aimed at specifically addressing the multidimensional nature of poverty, considered not only as a consequence of the lack o...
- Emerging impacts in open data in the judiciary Branches in Argentina, Chile and Uruguay
- S. Elena; N. Aquilino; A. Picho´n Riviére / Centro de Implementacion de Politicas Publicas para la Equidad y el Crecimiento / Center for the Implementation of Public Policies Promoting Equity and Growth, Argentina 2014
- The majority of Open Government Data (OGD) initiatives around the world have focussed on the executive branches of government, exploring financial, infrastructure and administrative datasets. A smaller number have looked at legislativ...
- Work, family and public policy changes in Latin America: equity, maternalism and co-responsibility
- M. Blofield; J. Martínez / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2014
- Taking account of the substantial increase in female labour market participation that has occurred throughout the Latin American region, this article describes policies adopted with the aim of reconciling work and family responsibilit...
- Adaptation to climate change in megacities of Latin America
- United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean 2014
- There is broad consensus that global climate change is inevitable. Its effects are manifested, among others, in a rise in average annual temperatures, the impacts of which also affect Latin America. Since Latin America and the Caribbe...
- The implementation and impact of national qualifications frameworks: report of a study in 16 countries.
- S. Allias / International Labour Organization 2010
- This report aimed to produce empirical evidence and analysis of countries’ experiences of introducing qualifications framework as part of a strategy to achieve skills development and employment goals. A qualifications fra...