Chile and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Challenges for a climate compatible development: how to strengthen agricultural, livestock and forestry public policies
- Latin American Platform on Climate, 2012
- This policy brief emerges from a process of analysis of the status and quality of the public policies on climate change and development in ten Latin American countries: Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Uruguay, Colomb...
- The Millennium Development Goals: A Latin American and Caribbean Perspective
- H. Guzman; E. Espindola; R. Bajraj / United Nations [UN] Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, 2005
- This paper looks at the differences across countries in Latin American and Caribbean region in terms of their chances of attaining the Goals and, wherever possible, the differences between trends in various segments of the population ...
- Insurance for extreme drought hazards in Chilean index-based drought programmes
- K. Baez; E. Iglesias / AgEcon Search, 2011
- The vulnerability of grazing livestock systems with close dependence on silvo-pastoral systems highlights the need for tools to evaluate and mitigate the adverse impacts of drought. The aim of this paper is analyse the potential of in...
- Is Chile a potential partner or an actual competitor for South Africa’s agricultural exports?
- B. Nyhodo; E. Nakana; H. Phahlane; L. Kotze / National Agricultural Marketing Council, South Africa, 2010
- The objective of this paper is to uncover areas where South Africa could potentially increase its trade with Chile and what policy lessons can be taken from the Chilean experience. The paper indicates that South Africa and Chile follo...
- Promoting Latin American agro-economics
- A. Rodríguez; M. Rodrigues; S. Salcedo / Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture, 2010
- After the revival from the economic crisis of 2008-2009, the fundamental challenge facing Latin America and the Caribbean is how to consolidate the recovery with medium- and long-term economic development. In this respect, this report...
- Can user associations improve water management?
- N. McCarthy; T. Essam / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2009
- In rural areas of Chile, where water is mostly used as an essential farm input via irrigation canals, Comunidades de Agua (CdA), or water communities, have gained recognition as an alternative to national or state-run resource managem...
- The impact of agricultural trade reform on labour markets in Chile
- D. Holland; E. Figueroa; R. Álvarez; J. Gilbert / Banco Central de Chile / Central Bank of Chile, 2005
- Agricultural trade policy reform raises a number of concerns. First, the presence of significant rural-urban income divergence resulting in rural-urban migration caused faster urban population growth and the emergence of high levels o...
- How Africa's small farmers can get more value from less subsidised research and extension services
- Stephen Akroyd / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2002
- In many parts of Africa, shortcomings in agricultural research and extension (R&E) services have contributed to disappointing agricultural results. In turn, funding for R&E continues to decline. How can the best use of availab...
- Social learning and market awareness go hand in hand for small farmers
- J. Berdegué / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2002
- An analysis of the small farming development strategy followed in Chile since the early 1990s, suggests that in the context of increasingly liberalised economies open to international competition, success and sustainability of l...
- Comprehensive and practical guide to the tourism sector, aimed at biodiversity managers
- H. Ceballos Lascurain / United Nations [UN] Environment Programme, 2001
- This report is one of eight thematic reviews prepared for the Biodiversity Planning Support Programme (BPSP), a programme created to help countries strengthen national capacity to prepare and implement National Biodiversity Strategies...