Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Gender dimensions of vulnerability to climate change in China
- UN Women 2016
- China is vulnerable to the adverse impacts of climate change in various ways, including through disasters such as floods, droughts and typhoons, and is therefore a key player in the global efforts to mitigate climate change. ...
- Emissions trading and climate diplomacy between Europe and China
- O. Gippner / Norwegian Institute for International Affairs 2016
- Over the past decade, the EU has been following a policy of unconditional engagement vis-à-vis the Peoples Republic of China, pursuing its promotion of effective multilatera...
- The BRICS initiatives towards a new financial architecture: an assessment with some proposals
- S. Sen / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- It is heartening, the author of this paper argues, to observe that developing countries, led by China and other BRICS members have been successful to organise alternative sources of credit flows . aiming for financial stability, growt...
- Promoting urban green travel
- China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development 2013
- Extensive traffic congestion and air pollution from road traffic in Chinese cities pose significant health and safety threats, compromise operational efficiency, and increase fuel consumption. Factors that contribute to this problem i...
- Shame, social exclusion and the effectiveness of anti-poverty programmes
- R. Walker / Department for International Development, UK 2012
- A two year qualitative investigation of the nature and consequences of shame associated with poverty was conducted in seven settings located in rural Uganda and India; urban China, Pakistan, Korea and United Kingdom; and small town an...
- New knowledge on children and young people: a synthesis of evidence - summary paper
- R. Marcus; E. Page; J. Stephenson; D. Walker / Impact Initiative 2015
- Improving children and young peoples (CYP) wellbeing, and recognising the role they can play in creating a more sustainable world will be critical to meeting the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This timely report provides ...
- Mitigation of climate change risks and regulation by insurance: a feasible proposal for China
- Q. He / Boston College Environmental Affairs Law Review 2016
- Climate change is one of the most fundamental challenges of our time. The extraordinary growth of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in China represents the single greatest obstacle to global climate change efforts in the comi...
- China’s African infrastructure projects: a tool in reshaping global norms
- R. du Plessis / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The resilience of Chinas investments in African infrastructure has been called into question in the light of its own economic slowdown. The substantial reduction in Chinese demand for African commodities has resulted in ...
- On becoming a responsible great power: contextualising China’s foray into human rights and peace & security in Africa
- South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The deepening of Chinas engagement with Africa has also prompted the broadening of its interests on the continent. This has resulted in Chinas expansion into increasingly riskier territories, which means there is a greater...
- Household food security in the face of climate change in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan region
- This study attempts to understand local peoples perceptions of climate change, its impacts on agriculture and household food security, and local adaptation strategies in the Hindu-Kush Himalayan (HKH) region, using data ...
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform
- BRICS Information Sharing and Exchange Platform (also refered to as BRICS Portal) is the authoritative platform of BRICS-related information jointly developed by the Center for BRICS Studies of Fudan University (Shanghai, China) and the BRICS Business Council.
- School of Public Policy and Management of Tsinghua University
- The School of Public Policy and Management (SPPM) of Tsinghua University was founded in 2000. As the first graduate school of public administration in China, the Schools mission is to become a world-class institution that actively engages in teaching, research, and consulting in global public affairs.
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC)
- Chinese Academy of International Trade and Economic Cooperation (CAITEC) is an inter-disciplinary and multifunctional institution of social science research and a consultative body directly under the Ministry of Commerce (MOFCOM) of China. Its undertakings cover research, information consultancy, publishing, education and training.
- Research Center for International Development at China Agricultural University (RCID)
- The Research Center for International Development (RCID) was built on the formative constructs cultivated through a long period of engagement in international development intervention in China and abroad by the Center for Integrated Agriculture Development (CIAD), and later the COHD. The RCIDs mission is to generate and disseminate knowledge, as well as to inspire and inform policy makers of p...