Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Agriculture and adaptation to climate change: the role of insurance in risk management: the case of Colombia
- H. García Romero; A. Molina / Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2016
- Insurance can potentially play an important role in climate change adaptation for rural households in developing countries as part of the overall climate change adaptation strategy. However, agricultural insurance markets have many ma...
- Health care facility climate change resiliency workshop
- Pan American Health Organization 2015
- In addition to their primary roles in treating illness and injuries, health care facilities provide a first line of defence in protecting individuals and communities from the impacts of climate change. However, recent events demonstra...
- Disabling the steering wheel? National and international actors' climate change mitigation strategies in Latin America
- German Institute of Global and Area Studies 2015
- The Latin American region holds important potential for mitigation and has a long?standing tradition of crafting policies and drafting legislation on climate change. This article addresses the question of how Brazil, Costa Rica, and C...
- From impunity to justice: exploring corporate and legal remedies for technology-related violence against women
- Association for Progressive Communications 2015
- This mini-website, launched in 2015, documents results of the "From impunity to justice" research undertaken by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with seven country partners. The multi-countr...
- Status report on nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) 2016
- Michelle Bosquet / Ecofys 2016
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) have continued to show steady growth in proposals over the past six months, while financing remains limited and implementation lags behind. This is one of the findings of the NAMA Stat...
- Women’s economic empowerment and care: evidence for influencing
- L. Rost; K. Bates; L. Dellepiane / Oxfam 2015
- Care responsibilities is being increasingly identified as a factor restricting women’s empowerment outcomes, yet there is limited evidence on determinants of long hours or gender inequality in care work. To gain a clearer unders...
- A land title is not enough: ensuring sustainable land restitution in Colombia
- Amnesty International 2014
- The violent struggle to control territory for economic, military and political reasons, coupled with high levels of rural poverty and the high concentration of land ownership among relatively few owners, has been one of the root cause...
- Human rights and resource conflicts in the Amazon
- Rainforest Foundation Norway 2015
- The Amazon comprises the largest tract of tropical rainforest in the world. Numerous indigenous peoples have traditionally inhabited this region, and 25 percent of its total land area is formally recognised as indigenous territories. ...
- Social cash transfers and financial inclusion: evidence from four countries
- Consultative Group to Assist the Poorest 2012
- In a number of countries, two separate, but potentially complementary policy agendas have emerged in the past five years: governments have sought to increase the use of electronic means for government payments and to promote greater f...
- A practical guide to social audit as a participatory tool to strengthen democratic governance, transparency and accountability
- United Nations Development Programme 2011
- This Practical Guide analyses social auditing experiences around the world and extracts important lessons that intend to provide practical guidance to United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and other United Nations agencies officer...