Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Cyclicality of fiscal behavior in developing oil-producing countries: an empirical review
- N. Erbil / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Oil price volatility has increased in recent years, where these large, unpredictable swings have a major impact on fiscal balances in developing oil-producing economies. This paper examines the cyclicality of fiscal behaviour in 28 de...
- Preventing and punishing sexual violence: the work of the International Conference of the Great Lakes Region
- A. Ndinga-Muvumba / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2013
- The International Conference of the Great Lakes Region (ICGLR) seeks to coordinate the efforts of a regional security community while simultaneously addressing the difficult and deep-rooted problems of sexual and gender-based violence...
- Exchange rate regimes for post-conflict recovery
- I. Elbadawi; R. Soto / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2013
- The economic agenda for post-conflict transition has been dominated by issues of aid effectiveness. This paper argues that the received literature has largely ignored the important issue of what constitutes an optimal exchange rate an...
- Financing readiness: insights from the Amazon Fund and Congo Basin Forest Funds' efforts to reduce emissions from deforestation and degradation
- C. Watson; S. Nakhooda / Overseas Development Institute 2014
- Finance to reduce emissions from deforestation and forest degradation, forest conservation, sustainable management of forests and the enhancement of forest carbon stocks (REDD+) has been innovatively structured to support ‘readi...
- Reintegrating ex-combatants in the Great Lakes region: Lessons learned
- N. Alusala / Institute for Security Studies 2011
- Africa’s Great Lakes region has known conflict for a considerable period of time, and this has been met with several initiatives aimed at managing the situation in a sustainable way. One such initiative was the Multi-country Dem...
- Developing financeable NAMAs: a practitioner’s guide
- D. Sawyer / International Institute for Sustainable Development 2013
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) are fast becoming the climate finance vehicle of choice to help developing countries transition to low carbon, climate resilient futures. Developing countries, their development partne...
- Deforestation trends in the Congo Basin: reconciling economic growth and forest protection
- C. Megevand / World Bank 2013
- The Congo Basin contains 70 per cent of Africa's forest cover. This report finds that although the deforestation rates in the area have historically been low, the trend is likely to change dramatically due to the combination factors, ...
- Africa Adaptation Programme knowledge management needs survey report 2012
- A. Egan 2012
- This report is a broad assessment of the knowledge needs of the Africa Adaptation Programme (AAP) countries. It hopes to help these countries capture, share and capitalise on the wealth of climate- and development-related knowledge av...
- Lessons from REDD+ readiness implementation experience in the Republic of Congo: getting ready for REDD+ under uncertain, national circumstances
- P. Mbile / Congo Basin Forest Fund 2012
- This report presents lessons learned from readiness activities in the Republic of Congo towards reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation and the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of f...
- REDD+ and community forestry: lessons from an exchange of Brazilian experiences with Africa
- V. M. Viana / World Bank 2012
- This publication is a contribution to the ongoing debate on the design of national strategies to reduce deforestation and forest degradation while contributing to the wellbeing of forest-dependent communities. It is the result of a So...