Congo, Democratic Republic
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- War and peace in the Great Lakes Region
- Centre for Conflict Resolution, University of Cape Town (UCT) 2016
- The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR), Cape Town, South Africa, hosted a two-day policy research seminar in Cape Town, from 19 to 20 March 2016, on the theme War and Peace in the Great Lakes Region. The meeting ...
- South African and the DRC: evaluating a South–South partnership for peace, governance and development
- N.A. Besharati; C. Rawhani / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- The Rise of the South* and the role of emerging powers in global development has animated much of the political and economic discourse of the past decade. There is, however, little empirical evidence on the con...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Case studies on UNICEF programming in child protection
- United Nations Children's Fund 2014
- These case studies illustrate how UNICEF support is helping countries to strengthen child protection systems and promote social change to align social norms and practices with child protection. The case studies provide evidence of pos...
- From impunity to justice: exploring corporate and legal remedies for technology-related violence against women
- Association for Progressive Communications 2015
- This mini-website, launched in 2015, documents results of the "From impunity to justice" research undertaken by the Association for Progressive Communications (APC) in collaboration with seven country partners. The multi-countr...
- This is what we die for. Human rights abuses in the democratic republic of congo power the global trade in cobalt.
- Amnesty International true / Amnesty International 2016
- People around the world increasingly rely on rechargeable batteries to power their mobile phones, tablets, laptop computers and other portable electronic devices. The growing global market for portable electronic devices and rechargea...
- When refugees cannot return home: A conflict conundrum in Africa’s Great Lakes region
- K.F. Tunda / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2016
- The large number of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) in the Great Lakes region poses immense challenges to peacebuilding processes within the countries affected, as well as in that entire conflict system. An influx of ...
- The role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected situations
- R. Holmes / UNESDOC: Online UNESCO documents 2010
- This background paper examines the role of social protection programmes in supporting education in conflict-affected contexts. It looks at the impact, design and implementation issues of social protection programme experience in ...
- Establishment of an innovative national development framework and orientation of a new development strategy for DR Congo
- Jae Ho Chung; Kyong Koo Lee; Eui-Young Shon / Korea Development Institute 2011
- Since the end of its civil war, the Democratic Republic of Congo has established its national vision and strategy from a long-term perspective by recognizing the need to lay down the foundation for sustainable national development thr...
- Sustainable cities: local solutions in the global south
- M. Robertson (ed) / International Development Research Centre 2012
- As the combined problems of urbanization, environmental degradation, and poverty become increasingly urgent, understanding the links between sustainability and poverty reduction is imperative. A sustainable urban future for all requir...