Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- PCRAFI Program - Phase II: Enhancing the financial resilience of Pacific Island countries against natural disaster and climate risk
- World Bank 2016
- This brief outlines the current PCRAFI program, phase II that builds on the initial phase of the Pacific Catastrophe Risk Assessment and Financing Initiative (PCRAFI), a joint initiative of the World Bank, SPC, and the Asian Developme...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Decision support tools for climate-resilient coastal development: A case study from the Cook Islands Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) project
- Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2014
- This report on the Cook Islands reports on a study which was part of the Pacific Adaptation to Climate Change (PACC) project. PACC focuses on coastal zone management on Mangaia Island. The project is helping to ‘climate-proof&rs...
- The Pacific experience in developing policy and legislation on disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2013
- This study explores and aims to unpack the drivers and process to develop Joint National Action Plans on Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change (JNAPs), primary DRM legislation, and sustainable development plans addressing DRR an...
- Legal frameworks for ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change in the Pacific islands
- B. Boer / Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Programme 2012
- This report analyses the legal aspects of ecosystem-based adaptation to climate change focusing on the Pacific island countries. It underscores that ecosystem-based adaptation can provide cost-effective strategies for reducing vulnera...
- Disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation in the Pacific: an institutional and policy analysis
- J. E. Hay / International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- Disaster risk reduction (DRR) and climate change adaptation (CCA) both share a common focus: reducing the vulnerability of communities and contributing to sustainable development. This study provides an analysis of the current level o...
- Southern voices on climate policy choices: analysis of and lessons learned from civil society advocacy on climate change
- H. Reid / International Institute for Environment and Development 2012
- Since the beginning of international climate change negotiations, civil society has worked alongside governments in shaping global agreements and keeping an eye on the implementation (and sometimes the lack of implementation) of these...
- Analysis of potential criteria for the allocation of international funding for adaptation to climate change
- M. Stadelmann (ed); A. Persson (ed); I. Ratajczak-Juszko (ed) / Center for Comparative and International Studies 2012
- This paper analyses the potential criteria to allocate international funding for adaptation to climate change as a response to the prioritisation of project proposals given scarce funding. It is based on a review of the equity and cos...
- Improving the effectiveness of social spending in Pacific countries in light of the economic crisis
- S. Feeny / Oxfam Australia 2010
- Whilst at a macroeconomic level, the Global Economic Crisis (GEC) has had less impact on many Pacific countries than on most other developing countries, impacts from the GEC are ongoing and vary greatly across Pacific countr...
- Governments must invest in infrastructure, prepare risk management strategies to boost national food production
- K.L. Sharma / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) 2006
- This paper analyses the status of food security in several South Pacific Island countries, namely Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu. It looks at both the national and household le...