Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Governments must invest in infrastructure, prepare risk management strategies to boost national food production
- K.L. Sharma / World Institute for Development Economics Research (WIDER) 2006
- This paper analyses the status of food security in several South Pacific Island countries, namely Cook Islands, Fiji Islands, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, and Vanuatu. It looks at both the national and household le...
- Policies to address food security in small island economies in the Caribbean and the Pacific
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations 2005
- This paper presented to a special FAO ministerial session in 2005 outlines policies for food security in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) based around three main criteria: food availability depends on domest...
- Paying its way: can tourism generate funds for protected areas?
- Xavier Font; Janet Cochrane; Richard Tapper / id21 Development Research Reporting Service 2004
- Tourism is continuing to grow rapidly. Regions in developing countries with high levels of biodiversity are seeing the greatest growth. Protected areas are increasingly attractive to tourists and some conservation areas, traditionally...
- A survey on the development and use of the Internet
- United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization 2002
- This survey covers Internet infrastructure issues as well as the use of Internet for e-Governance. Special attention is paid to barriers preventing access to the Internet as well as to national development plans for the use of the Int...