Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Looking within the household: a study on gender, food security, and resilience in cocoa-growing communities
- E. Kiewisch / Oxfam 2015
- Many West African cocoa households experience a ‘lean season’ before the cocoa harvest - many food crops cannot be harvested in the July to August dry season - leaving them vulnerable to various events and issues which pot...
- Not so sweet, hazardous child labour, with a focus on cocoa plantations in Ivory Coast
- KidsRights Foundation 2014
- Ivory Coast now accounts for 35% of the world’s cocoa production. Around 900,000 farmers grow the bean, and 3.5 million people depend on it for their livelihoods. The most recent data shows that an estimated 819,921 children wor...
- Escaping the repertoire of election crisis: prospects and challenges of the evolving infrastructure for peace in Côte d’Ivoire
- L. Mawuenya Amedzrator; M. Abdallah / Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre 2015
- As a conflict prevention and management tool, national peace infrastructures have largely contributed to peace and security in countries where they have been established and adopted. This paper focuses on the emerging infrastructure f...
- Annotated bibliography on developmental states, political settlements and citizenship formation: towards increased state capacity and legitimacy?
- L. Routley / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- Policymakers and academics agree that an effective state is the foundation for inclusive development, whilst also recognising the critical role of non-state actors in the delivery of goods and services to poor people. This compilation...
- China in Africa: impacts and prospects for accountable development
- G. Mohan / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2012
- China is the major “new” player in Africa and impacts on development and politics in numerous ways. This paper shows that China impacts on African development in multiple ways that go well beyond aid. The paper sets out an...
- Peace-making in West Africa: Progress and prospects
- P Addo / Kofi Annan International Peace Keeping Training Centre 2005
- Since the establishment in May 1975, the Economic community of West African States (ECOWAS) has consistently strived to integrate West African economies towards rapid growth and development in order to enhance the living standard...
- Peace and security along the Ivorian-Liberian border: The local perspective
- Conciliation Resources 2015
- Since the Ivorian political crisis of 2010-2011, the Liberia-Côte d’Ivoire border region has experienced periodic cross-border attacks. These devastating attacks have destroyed lives, displaced families, shattered liveliho...
- A regional approach to peacebuilding - the Mano River region
- D. Ettang; G. Maina; W. Razia / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2011
- An assessment of the regional conflict dynamics of the Mano River Region (MRR) requires a holistic understanding of the common trends across the region. The Mano River Region is made up of Côte d’Ivoire, Guinea (Conakry), ...
- Peace processes in Côte d’Ivoire: democracy and challenges of consolidating peace after the post-electoral crisis
- D. Sidibé / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2013
- The attainment of full democracy remains elusive to even some of the greatest nations in the world. The West African country of Côte d’Ivoire, which experienced a violent post-electoral crisis (November 2010 to April 2011)...
- Women transforming conflicts in Africa: descriptive studies from Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Sierra Leone, South Africa and Sudan
- K. Ogunsanya / African Centre for Constructive Resolution of Disputes 2007
- There is evidence of successful efforts to constructively respond to conflict and to undertake transformation, reconstruction and reconciliation in Africa. The inclusion of women as a strategic constituency is central to sustaining an...