Croatia and Governance
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS governance collection
Search for the latest governance-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- E-Government in Transition Economies
- M. Spremic 2012
- This paper deals with e-government issues at several levels. Initially we look at the concept of e-government itself in order to give it a sound framework. Than we look at the e-government issues at three levels, first we analyse it a...
- Comparative teaching of history as a remedy for the post-conflict Balkan region
- M. Milosheva; D. Krushe / Social Transitions, USAID, 2010
- The Joint History Project (JHP) is an initiative that aims at significant change in historical research and education in all countries in Southeast Europe. This evaluation report provides an analytical review of the developmental and ...
- Effecting security sector reform in the Balkans and the Caucasus
- H. Haider (ed) / The Global Facilitation Network for Security Sector Reform, 2009
- This topic guide introduces literature by academia, civil society organisations and governments about security sector reform (SSR) in the Balkans and the So...
- What can be done about corruption in the judicial sector?
- Transparency International, 2007
- This year’s report concentrates on judicial systems and warns that corruption is undermining judicial systems around the world, denying citizens access to justice and the basic human right to a fair and impartial trial. ...
- Making government budgets more accessible and equitable
- Mark Robinson / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2007
- Involvement in the budget process in poor countries has traditionally been limited to a select group of political actors. But this has changed over the last decade with legislators, civil society groups and the media playing a more ac...
- Lessons from governance innovations in the Middle East, north Africa and the western Balkans
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs, United Nations, 2007
- This book analyses the challenges and opportunities that governments in the Mediterranean region have faced to improve their public administration systems. It highlights innovations that indicate each country’s willingness ...
- Lessons for civil society groups and donors interested in undertaking applied budget work
- P. de Renzio; W. Krafchik / Overseas Development Institute, 2007
- This study examines the issues of budget accountability and budget policies. Within budget acountability it looks at budget groups’ impact on levels of budget transparency, public literacy and awareness of budget issues, an...
- Poverty and discrimination exclude Romani children from primary education in former Yugoslavia
- Amnesty International, 2006
- The low school attendance rates and poor achievement levels of Romani children in the former Yugoslavia are often explained through the use of negative stereotypes about the Roma’s "way of life" or attitude towards education. Bu...
- NGOs increasing participation, accountability and social equity within the budgeting process
- M. Robinson / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2007
- Civil society initiatives to improve budget transparency and influence government spending priorities are being introduced in developing countries. This IDS working paper reports on research carried out on six civil society budget gro...
- Research reports and toolkits on how ICTs can improve service delivery for the poor
- G. Sharma; N. Raj; B. Shadrach / Knowledge and Research Programme on Disability and Healthcare Technology, DFID, 2006
- This report and toolkit focuses on how ICTs can improve the effectiveness of public service delivery to the poor and vulnerable. The report highlights the results of an action research project that took place between January 2004 and ...