Cuba and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Lessons learned on integrating disaster risk education into national school curricula
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2007
- This report presents an overview of the campaign “Disaster risk reduction begins at school” and the lessons learned from good practice in different countries affected by various natural and man-made disasters. Children are...
- Cuban case study demonstrates that high quality education is linked to mobilisation of national income
- L. Gasperini / Global Education Reform [World Bank] 2001
- This article discusses the high performance of the Cuban educational system. Such high levels of performance are particularly striking in reference to the severe resource constraints of the past decade. The article suggests that it is...
- Cuba needs to maintain and sustain its impressive human capital
- C. Brundenius / Danish Institute for International Studies 2000
- This article stresses that one of the great achievements of the Cuban Revolution is its sustained commitment to investment in human capital. This historical development is discussed in this paper. The article indicates that: ...