Dominican Republic and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Good practice country-level advocacy, communication and social mobilisation contributing to tuberculosis control
- World Health Organization, 2010
- This document - born out of the need for practical examples of the fifth component of the Stop TB Strategy: “Empower people with TB, and communities through partnership” - contains good practice examples of country-level A...
- Is dementia in developing countries more widespread than previously thought?
- J.J. Llibre Rodriguez; C.P. Ferri; D. Acosta / The Lancet, 2008
- Studies have suggested that the prevalence of dementia is lower in developing than in developed regions. This paper investigates the prevalence and severity of dementia in sites in low-income and middle-income countries according to t...
- Family planning policies should reflect HIV-positive women’s rights for informed reproductive choices
- N. Rutenberg; C. Baek / Studies in Family Planning, 2005
- This article, published in Studies in Family Planning, reviews field experiences of provision of family planning services in prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) programmes in ten countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin Ame...
- Showcasing different models of care in Africa and South America
- International Planned Parenthood Federation, 2005
- This booklet from International Planned Parent Federation (IPPF) showcases different models of care using a variety of entry points to bring sexual and reproductive health (SRH) closer to HIV/AIDS. Four countries were chosen for pilot...
- The global effort to provide HIV treatment is falling behind
- International Treatment Preparedness Coalition, 2006
- This update report from the International Treatment Preparedness Coalition (ITPC) shows that the global effort to provide universal access to HIV treatment is stagnating. Despite progress in some areas it looks like the commitment to ...
- Research and resources on good practice in youth-friendly sexual health services
- E. Scholl; W. Finger / YouthNet, Family Health International, 2007
- Often health services for young people address contraception or prevention of HIV/STIs, but not both. Would an integrated approach to sexual health services reduce unwanted pregnancies and HIV/STIs among young people? This briefing pa...
- Can the results of social marketing of contraceptives survive the ending of donor support?
- S. Agha; M. Do; F. Armand / Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector, 2005
- This report is part of the Global Research Report series published by USAIDs Private Sector Partnership for Better Health (PSP-One). It assesses the performance of social marketing interventions in providing a sustainable supply...
- Framework to assess impact of youth peer education
- G. Svenson; H. Burke / Family Health International, 2005
- This document develops tools to assess programmatic impact and cost effectiveness of youth peer education (YPE) - a widely used approach to reproductive health promotion and HIV prevention. The study had two objectives: to desc...
- National youth strategies in Bolivia and the Dominican Republic provide model for youth advocacy
- J. E. Rosen / Pathfinder International, 2000
- This report from FOCUS on Young Adults (a programme led by Pathfinder International) describes the formulation and implementation of national youth policies in Bolivia and the Dominican Republic, and draws lessons that can be applied ...
- Collection of case studies of HIV/AIDS
- B. Makinwa; M. O’Grady / Family Health International, 2001
- This collection of work is centred on HIV/AIDS prevention in the non-industrialised world and is based on studies performed by FHI's international and local partners in an international HIV prevention, the AIDS Control and Prevention ...