Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Does international migration help them marry earlier? A hazard model for the case of Egypt
- A. David; R. Hendy / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Marriage represents an important step of entering adulthood in the Egyptian society and its delay often results in tensions and frustration among youth. Considering migration as a predetermined strategy to reach a targeted lev...
- Why is fertility on the rise in Egypt? The role of women’s employment opportunities
- C. Krafft / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Can declining employment opportunities for women reverse the fertility transition? This paper presents new evidence that the demographic transition has not just stalled, but in fact reversed in Egypt. After falling for decades...
- Accessibility, transportation cost and regional growth: a case study for Egypt
- D. Elshahawany; E.A. Haddad; M.L. Lahr / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- The potential ability of transport infrastructure investments to produce transport benefits depends on the travel time reductions and accessibility. In this paper, the authors use an interregional computable general equilibrium (CGE) ...
- Exploring the determinants of welfare distribution in Tunisia and Egypt using a welfare generation model
- Y. Abid; C. O'Donoghue; D. Sologon / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- The Tunisian revolution quickly sparked a wave of major uprisings in the region, starting from Egypt and spreading to other countries, such as Libya and Syria among others. Not surprisingly, the fuel of uprisings in these coun...
- The impact of institutional blockholders on voluntary disclosure and transparency: the case of Egypt
- D. El-Diftar; E. Jones; M.M. Soliman / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Disclosure and transparency are crucial elements in the improve ment of overall corporate governance. Disclosure is a very important mean of communicati on between management and outside investors. This study investigates how institut...
- Adolescent girls in Egypt
- Girls under age 20around 19 million of themmake up one-fifth of Egypts population.1 In 2015, about 8 million of these girls were adolescents between ages 10 and 19. According to the latest projections from the United...
- Does microcredit reduce gender gap in employment? An application of decomposition analysis to Egypt
- M.E.H. Arouri; N.V. Cuong / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Although gender equality has received a great deal of attention from policymakers as well as researchers, there is still as a large gap between men and women in labor market, especially in Arab societies. ...
- Socio-economic inequalities in maternity care under political instability: evidence From Egypt, Jordan and Yemen
- A.S. Rashad; M.F. Sharaf / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Medical care during pregnancy is crucial for protecting women from health risks during and after pregnancy, and has been consistently linked to better child health outcomes. Improving maternal health is one of the Millennium Developme...
- WLUML-WELDD Impact Stories: The Butterfly Effect | www.weldd.org
- The Women's Empowerment and Leadership Development for Democratisation (WELDD) programme involved hundreds of participants from 27 countries over eight regions over 3 years from 2012 to 2015. The programme aimed at strengthening women...
- Upward or downward: occupational mobility and return migration
- N. El-Mallakh; J. Wahba / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2016
- Temporary migration provides an opportunity for workers to acquire physical capital, to accumulate savings and assets and most importantly to acquire new skills and knowledge. Upon return to their home country, migrants repres...