Egypt and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Beware of the echo: the impending return of demographic pressures in Egypt
- C. Krafft; R. Assaad / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2014
- For many years, Egypt experienced substantial demographic pressures on its education system and labour market. This paper discusses potential reasons for these increasing pressures, with a focus on the currently growing young adult po...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- An exploratory study on child domestic workers in Egypt
- Y. Ahmed / terre des hommes, 2010
- In Egypt, an estimated 2 to 2.5 million children between the ages of 6-15 are working as street vendors, domestic workers, agricultural labourers, factory workers, laundry workers and helpers for mechanics (ECWR, 2008, U.S. Department...
- Building the enabling conditions for new generation in Egypt
- H. Handoussa (ed); A. El Araby; H. El Nemr / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- This report deals with youth and development in Egypt, aiming at drawing young Egyptian people into mainstream society. The report believes that to complement the enabling conditions for the new Egyptian generation a number of prerequ...
- Including children and young people in CIDA programmes
- Capacity Development Web Site, Canadian International Development Agency, 2007
- To demonstrate the potential for children and young people's participation in its programming, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) launched a series of pilot projects integrating participation of children and young pe...
- The socio-political impact of delayed marriage for Middle Eastern youths
- D. Singerman / Middle East Youth Initiative, 2007
- Demographic transition in the Middle East and North African region has led to what has been termed a ‘youth bulge’, with over 50% of the population being under 25. With co-habitation legally and culturally unacceptabl...
- Progress in implementing the Convention on the Rights of the Child in North Africa
- International Bureau for Children’s Rights, 2007
- This report analyses progress in implementing the Convention on the Rights of the Child in five countries of North Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco and Tunisia. The report highlights that there have been significant a...
- What is needed to break the link between HIV/AIDS and violence?
- L. Schechtman / Global AIDS Alliance, 2006
- This document describes a framework for a comprehensive response to violence against women and children, including the resources that would be needed, political and financial, for full implementation. It discusses the various arenas a...
- Governments failing to provide adequate sexual and reproductive health services for young people in the Arab States and Iran
- B.L. Shepard; J.L DeJong / Harvard School of Public Health, 2005
- This research reviews young peoples sexual and reproductive health (YPSRH) and gender issues affecting young people ages 1024 in 19 Arab States and the Islamic Republic of Iran. The situation analysis revealed an urgent ne...
- Does child labour affect school attainment in Egypt?
- R. Assaad; D. Levison; N. Zibani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2005
- This paper includes causal evidence that lower crude rates of school attendance for Egyptian children are not due to limited access to schools but rather to a substantial burden of work. Although some activists argue that all child la...
- Derechos de uso de los recursos naturales por los grupos indígenas en el bosque tropical
- J. C. Tresierra / Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB), 2000
- Combinando el trabajo de campo con el estudio de la literatura se investigan las caracterizaciones demográficas y geográficas y se describen los cambios exógenos y endógenos que afectan a las comunidades in...