Egypt and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Confidence, capacity, connections: a young woman's guide to leadership
- G Borovsky; S Cherrabi El Alaoui; M Doherty / National Democratic Institute, 2010
- Civic and political engagement can be a daunting challenge, particularly for young women. This guide is designed for a wide range of young women, be they a member of an established organisation or association, an aspiring politician, ...
- Climate change, violence and young people
- S. Fetzek; J. Vivekananda / International Institute for Strategic Studies, 2015
- Climate change and youthful demographic structures are two prominent factors that shape the security environment, and influence the risk of violence. Without adequate planning and preparation, the combined challenges of growing youth ...
- The evolution of labor supply and unemployment in the Egyptian economy: 1988-2012
- R. Assaad; C. Krafft / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2014
- This paper analyses the evolution of labour supply and unemployment in Egypt in the period from 1999 to 2012, focusing on the impact of the demographic phenomenon known as the youth bulge and the impact of the world financial crisis a...
- Does the type of higher education affect labor market outcomes? A comparison of Egypt and Jordan
- R. Assaad; C. Krafft; D. Salehi-Isfahani / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2014
- In Egypt and Jordan there is a substantial mismatch between the output of the higher education system and the needs of labour market. Both demand and supply-side factors could be driving this mismatch. This paper tests a key supply-si...
- Young people and the digital divide in Egypt: an empirical study
- M.F. Badran / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2013
- Digital divide is a new phenomenon emerging with the development of the information and communication technologies (ICTs). The digital divide can be defined as the gap between those with a permanent, effective access to new ICTs and t...
- Beware of the echo: the impending return of demographic pressures in Egypt
- C. Krafft; R. Assaad / Economic Research Forum, Egypt, 2014
- For many years, Egypt experienced substantial demographic pressures on its education system and labour market. This paper discusses potential reasons for these increasing pressures, with a focus on the currently growing young adult po...
- A snapshot of world population trends, 2011
- B. Crossette (ed); R. Kollodge; A. Toure / United Nations Population Fund, 2011
- This report provides a snapshot of how a number of countries are facing diverse demographic challenges, ranging from ageing populations to high fertility rates, and from urbanisation to the emergence of new generations of young people...
- An exploratory study on child domestic workers in Egypt
- Y. Ahmed / terre des hommes, 2010
- In Egypt, an estimated 2 to 2.5 million children between the ages of 6-15 are working as street vendors, domestic workers, agricultural labourers, factory workers, laundry workers and helpers for mechanics (ECWR, 2008, U.S. Department...
- Building the enabling conditions for new generation in Egypt
- H. Handoussa (ed); A. El Araby; H. El Nemr / United Nations Development Programme, 2010
- This report deals with youth and development in Egypt, aiming at drawing young Egyptian people into mainstream society. The report believes that to complement the enabling conditions for the new Egyptian generation a number of prerequ...
- Including children and young people in CIDA programmes
- Capacity Development Web Site, Canadian International Development Agency, 2007
- To demonstrate the potential for children and young people's participation in its programming, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) launched a series of pilot projects integrating participation of children and young pe...