Eritrea and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- A policy guide to ending girl child marriage
- International Center for Research on Women, USA 2007
- Girls who marry as children (younger than 18 years of age) are often more susceptible to the health risks associated with early sexual initiation and childbearing, including HIV and obstetric fistula. Lacking status and power, these g...
- Harmonising child rights laws in Eastern and Southern Africa
- African Child Policy Forum 2007
- This report reviews and analyses how far 19 Eastern and Southern African countries have gone in harmonising and implementing the principles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and the African Charter on the Righ...
- The impact of emergencies on women and children
- United Nations Children's Fund 2007
- This Humanitarian Action Report 2007 outlines UNICEFs appeal for children and women in 33 emergencies around the world. In each country it looks at critical issues for children, key actions and achievements in 2006 and planned h...
- Legality and prevalence of corporate punishment in East and Southern Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in East and Southern Africa. The paper assesses the human rights standards in the region, with particular atten...
- Violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa
- F. Zuberi / United Nations Children's Fund 2005
- This study provides an extensive picture of violence against children in Eastern and Southern Africa, providing regional and country specific information on national legal and policy frameworks and enforcements. It focuses on violence...