Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- J Meeker; L Haddad 2013
- This paper explores the latest evidence on the relationships between agriculture and nutrition in food-insecure regions. First, it summarises the levels and consequences of undernutrition. Second, it reviews some contextual factors th...
- Can the urban poor afford modern energy? The case of Ethiopia
- B. Kebedea; A. Bekeleb; E. Kedirc / Elsevier, 2002
- This article compares the costs of using modern fuels and purchasing power of people living in poverty in urban Ethiopia. The three forms of energy considered are: kerosene, butane gas and electricity. The study examines the affordabi...
- Situational analysis of indigenous social institutions and their role in rural livelihoods: the case of selected food insecure lowland areas of Southern Ethiopia
- N. Regassa; E. Mengistu; A. Yusufe 2013
- Close examination and analysis of these social institutions is very important not only from the household economic point of view but also because of its significant role in other livelihood aspects. The data for this study was collect...
- Why women farmers are left out of the programs. Lessons learned. Evaluation of Norway's bilateral agricultural support to food security
- P. N. Sørensen / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2013
- Norway’s Bilateral Agricultural Support to Food Security 2005-2011 was reviewed in 2012-2013. This Lessons Learned document was prepared as a continuation of that review. Its purpose is to identify lessons learned regarding wome...
- Variation in malaria transmission in Southern Ethiopia: the impact of prvention strategies and a need for targeted intervention
- E.L. Shumbullo / Centre for International Health, University of Bergen, 2013
- In Ethiopia, 60 per cent of the population is at risk of malaria. The transmission of the disease is unstable and the possibility of epidemics demand continuous vigilance and preparedness of the health system. The complexity of the tr...
- CAADP Ethiopia: A New Start?
- K. Berhanu / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2013
- Future Agricultures Working Paper 60 By Kassahun Berhanu, May 2013 This study examines the motives that underlie the drives of the Ethiopian government in embracing the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Progra...
- Graduation of Households from Social Protection Programmes in Ethiopia
- F. Sima / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2013
- Full title: Graduation of Households from Social Protection Programmes in Ethiopia: Implications of Market Conditions and Value Chains on Graduation Future Agricultures Working Paper 63 Feyera Sima June 2013 The ...
- Warming to Change? Climate Policy and Agricultural Development in Ethiopia
- L. Yirgu / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2013
- Future Agricultures Working Paper 71 Leulseged Yirgu, Alan Nicol and Shweta Srinivasan August 2013 This paper addresses how policy responses to climate change are shaping the agricultural sector in Ethiopia, and their...
- Can China and Brazil help Africa feed itself?
- K. Wellard-Dyer / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2013
- The questions of how Africa can feed itself, and how the agricultural sector can be a more effective engine for growth and development, have long been targets of national governments. Western donors have increased assistance following...
- Scaling up nutrition: Progress report from countries and their partners in the movement to Scale Up Nutrition (SUN)
- United Nations [UN] Standing Committee on Nutrition, 2011
- This draft report was prepared for the High Level Meeting on Nutrition at the UN General Assembly in September 2011 and the follow-up workshop for the Scale-Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement, which was designed to help nations where people ...
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute
- African Information Society Initiative (AISI)
- AISI is an UNECA supported action framework that has been a basis for information and communication activities in Africa since 1996 AISI is not about technology. It is about giving Africans the means to improve the quality of their lives and fight against poverty.
- Ethiopian Development Research Institute, Ethiopia (EDRI)
- Conducting development policy research in Ethiopia