Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Integrated national policy approaches to climate-smart agriculture: Insights from Brazil, Ethiopia, and New Zealand
- C. Negra / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security, 2014
- This paper explores how three countries – Brazil, Ethiopia, and New Zealand – are using integrated policy approaches to address the linked challenges of climate change, unsustainable agriculture, and food insecurity. ...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre, 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...
- Climate change, crop production and child under nutrition in Ethiopia; a longitudinal panel study
- S. Hagos; T. Lunde; D.H. Mariam; T. Woldehanna; B. Lindtjørn / BMC Public Health, 2014
- Background: The amount and distribution of rainfall and temperature influences household food availability, thus increasing the risk of child under nutrition. However, few studies examined the local spatial variability and the impact ...
- Strategic research into national and local capacity building for DRM: Ethiopia pilot fieldwork report
- Strategic Research into National and Local Capacity Building for Disaster Risk Management (2013-2015, 2014
- To date there has been little formal, empirical research that has been conducted on capacity building for disaster risk management (DRM), and as a result international actors lack robust, evidence-based guidance on how capacity for DR...
- Wheat consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa: trends, drivers, and policy implications
- N.M. Mason; T.S. Jayne; B. Shiferaw / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2012
- Staple grain consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) is rising at the same time that the region is becoming more dependent on imported staples. This paper discusses the potential dilemmas posed by SSA’s increasing reliance on im...
- Improving basic services for the bottom forty percent - lessons from Ethiopia
- World Bank, 2014
- Ethiopia, like most developing countries, has opted to deliver services such as basic education, primary health care, agricultural extension advice, water, and rural roads through a highly decentralised system. That choice is based on...
- Rethinking Social Protection Using a Gender Lens
- R. Holmes; N. Jones / Overseas Development Institute, 2010
- The role of gender in social protection is complex, shaping the types of risks tackled, how they are tackled, public buy-in and programme implementation practices. However, the extent to which gender has been integrated into social pr...
- Strong girls, powerful women: program planning and design for adolescent girls in humanitarian settings
- K. Paik / Women's Refugee Commission, 2014
- In collaboration with implementing partners, the Women’s Refugee Commission tested promising approaches in adolescent girls’ programming by applying the learning from development contexts in pilot programmes in three displ...
- Gender justice and social norms - processes of change for adolescent girls
- R. Marcus; C. Harper / Overseas Development Institute, 2014
- This publication presents the analytical framework for the current phase (year two) of the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) DFID-funded multi-year policy research programme, ‘Transforming the lives of adolescent girls’...
- Forest carbon stocks in woody plants of Mount Zequalla Monastery and it’s variation along altitudinal gradient: implication of managing forests for climate change mitigation
- A. Girma; T. Soromessa; T. Bekele / Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal, 2014
- This journal article argues that carbon sequestration through forestry has the potential to play a significant role in ameliorating global environmental problems such as atmospheric accumulation of greenhouse gases and climate ch...
- The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF)
- Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (STAR)
- STAR Journal is an open-access journal which publishes research related to the fields of Science, Technology and Arts.
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute