Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate finance in Ethiopia
- Z. Eshetu; B. Simane; G. Tebeje / Overseas Development Institute, 2014
- This study highlights challenges for Ethiopia to finance its response to climate change. The national Climate Resilient Green Economy strategy has called for annual spending of USD 7.5 billion to respond to climate change. With...
- Analysis and mapping of climate change risk and vulnerability in Central Rift Valley of Ethiopia
- L. Gizachew; A. Shimelis / African Crop Science Society, 2014
- This journal article argues that there is growing demand for spatially explicit information among stakeholders across public and private institutions regarding vulnerability to climate change at the local scale. This study was conduct...
- Under fve mortality Ethiopia
- Health and Education Advice and Resource Team, 2011
- The 2006-2010 percentage decrease in under 5 mortality in Ethiopia is significant and among the greatest declines found in this brief search. However, there is some evidence that the percentage decrease may be less than the Demographi...
- Ethiopia: Overview of corruption in land administration
- S. Lindner / U4 Anti-Corruption Resource Centre, 2014
- Improving land governance is key in assuring that land resources can be enjoyed by all parts of the population. Donors can play an important role in combatting corruption in land administration and building a well-functioning land adm...
- End of project evaluation for ATJK WEHEA II (including last year of ATJK WEHEA I) ADRA Ethiopia
- M. N. Mwangi / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2014
- Background: During a needs assessment for WEHEA I that was carried out in March 2008 in the ATJK Woreda, it was established that there was need to intervene in water, education, health and the environment. School infrastructure w...
- Integrated national policy approaches to climate-smart agriculture: Insights from Brazil, Ethiopia, and New Zealand
- C. Negra / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security, 2014
- This paper explores how three countries – Brazil, Ethiopia, and New Zealand – are using integrated policy approaches to address the linked challenges of climate change, unsustainable agriculture, and food insecurity. ...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre, 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...
- Climate change, crop production and child under nutrition in Ethiopia; a longitudinal panel study
- S. Hagos; T. Lunde; D.H. Mariam; T. Woldehanna; B. Lindtjørn / BMC Public Health, 2014
- Background: The amount and distribution of rainfall and temperature influences household food availability, thus increasing the risk of child under nutrition. However, few studies examined the local spatial variability and the impact ...
- Strategic research into national and local capacity building for DRM: Ethiopia pilot fieldwork report
- Strategic Research into National and Local Capacity Building for Disaster Risk Management (2013-2015, 2014
- To date there has been little formal, empirical research that has been conducted on capacity building for disaster risk management (DRM), and as a result international actors lack robust, evidence-based guidance on how capacity for DR...
- Wheat consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa: trends, drivers, and policy implications
- N.M. Mason; T.S. Jayne; B. Shiferaw / Food Security III Cooperative Agreement, Michigan State University, 2012
- Staple grain consumption in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) is rising at the same time that the region is becoming more dependent on imported staples. This paper discusses the potential dilemmas posed by SSA’s increasing reliance on im...
- The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF)
- Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (STAR)
- STAR Journal is an open-access journal which publishes research related to the fields of Science, Technology and Arts.
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute