Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Meeting the need, fulfilling the promise: youth and long-acting reversible contraceptives
- N. Yinger / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- The highest proportion of young people today - 89 percent - live in developing countries. In some sub-Saharan African countries, where fertility remains high, we can expect growing cohorts of children and youth, unless fertili...
- Environmental issues in Ethiopia and links to the Ethiopian economy
- B. Daley / Evidence on Demand 2015
- Ethiopia has a high-level strategy to pursue agriculture-based industrialisation with a goal of achieving middle income country status by 2025 with no net increase in carbon emissions. As an economy currently heavily dependent...
- Balancing school and work with new opportunities: changes in children’s gendered time use in Ethiopia (2006-2013)
- Young Lives 2016
- Focusing on the relationship between childrens work and school attendance, this paper explores time use trends among boys and girls in Ethiopia. It does this by comparing the time use of two cohorts of children at the sa...
- Between hope and a hard place: boys and young men negotiating gender, poverty and social worth in Ethiopia
- G. Crivello; N. van der Gaag / Young Lives 2016
- In recent years, there has been an increasing focus on adolescence as a key transition to adulthood. Young people are navigating puberty and making life choices around schooling, work, and intimate and family relatio...
- Norway’s role in supporting green growth in developing countries
- A. Torvanger; Kamleshan Pillay / Center for International Climate and Environmental Research 2016
- This report discusses green growth in developing countries, and Norway's role supporting such a green development strategy. After defining green growth in the context of developing countries, the report discusses indicators of green g...
- Becoming a climate-resilient green economy: planning for climate compatible development in Ethiopia
- R. Redda; R. Roland / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Ethiopia has emerged as one of Africas champions in responding to the implications of climate change. This is demonstrated by the strong commitment shown by the countrys political leadership on the issues. Much of ...
- Public spending on climate change in Africa: Experiences from Ethiopia, Ghana, Tanzania and Uganda
- N. Bird / Overseas Development Institute 2016
- Public spending on climate change in Africa describes the extent to which public expenditure responds to national climate change policy and the institutional demands required to implement such policy. The four countries of the study: ...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Empowering each other: young people who sell sex in Ethiopia
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This 12-page case study discusses the experience of a peer education project in Ethiopia, which trained young people who sell sex to reach out to their peers and lead sexual and reproductive health and rights sessions, supported by tr...