Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Supporting ambitious Intended Nationally Determined Contributions: Lessons learned from developing countries
- C. Dodwell; E. Holdaway; K. Sura; H. Picot / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2015
- This working paper summarises the findings from the provision of technical assistance to nine developing countries as they prepare their Intended Nationally Determined Contributions (INDCs) for submission to the United Nations Framewo...
- Investigating the political economy of social protection expansion in Africa: at the intersection of transnational ideas and domestic politics
- T. Lavers; S. Hickey / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre, 2015
- Recent years have seen increasing interest in social protection as a means of reducing poverty and promoting development within the development industry and among growing numbers of developing countries. This paper outlines a conceptu...
- Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in East Africa: LANEA Study Brief
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2015
- This Brief presents the findings of the Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in East Africa (LANEA) initiative in Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. LANEA investigates opportunities and challenges to scaling up nutrition through a...
- Impact of climate change on Least Developed Countries: are the SDGs possible?
- H. Wright; S. Huq; J. Reeves / International Institute for Environment and Development, 2015
- The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will define the priorities of the UN’s development agenda beyond 2015. But the reality of climate change impacts will render these aspirational goals almost impossibly challenging for the...
- Generosity and sharing among villagers: Do women give more?
- S. Bezu; S. Holden / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2015
- This paper explores generosity among anonymous villagers and sharing within families using a dictator game field experiment that was carried out in rural villages in Ethiopia. We find that generosity among anonymous villagers is very ...
- Evaluation of Norway’s support to women’s rights and gender equality in development cooperation
- N. Jones / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2015
- The report evaluates Norway’s support to strengthening women and girls ‘rights and gender equality through its development cooperation. It assesses the extent to which results have been achieved and whether they are in lin...
- Use of menstrual cup by adolescent girls and women: potential benefits and key challenges
- The African Population and Health Research Centre, 2010
- In resource poor settings, sanitary towels are often too expensive and unaffordable for most adolescent girls and women who need them, and as a consequence these women and girls resort to unhygienic methods. This is one of a series of...
- Grow and Know
- Grow and Know, 2015
- The Grow and Know programme aims to empower young girls and boys to reach their potential through improved education and preparation for life. It develops books for girls and boys that are grounded in the local social, cultural, and e...
- Power and influence in Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Ethiopia, Nigeria and South Africa
- J. Cilliers; J. Schünemann; J.D. Moyer / Institute for Security Studies, 2015
- Africa has been peripheral in approaches to international relations that have tended to focus on so-called ‘great powers’ or the ‘states that make the most difference. The Big Five powerhouses of Africa – Alger...
- Chinese agricultural expertise support in Ethiopia: approaches, motives and perspectives
- D. Alemu; S. Cook; Q. Gubo / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2015
- The Government of Ethiopia’s (GoE’s) economic growth strategy, Agriculture Development Led Industrialization (ADLI, formulated in 1991), places very high priority on accelerating agricultural growth and achieving food secu...
- The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF)
- Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (STAR)
- STAR Journal is an open-access journal which publishes research related to the fields of Science, Technology and Arts.
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute