Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Capacity needs for greenhouse gas measurement and performance tracking
- J. Finnegan (ed); T. Damassa (ed); K. Deangelis (ed); K. Levin (ed) / World Resources Institute [ES], 2014
- This working paper summarises the results of scoping research to assess capacity needs in six countries—Brazil, Colombia, Ethiopia, India, South Africa, and Thailand—related to greenhouse gas (GHG) measurement and performa...
- Transnational Large Scale Agricultural Firms in Gambella Regional State, Ethiopia
- A. Yassin / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2014
- Full title: Transnational Large Scale Agricultural Firms in Gambella Regional State, Ethiopia: Local Potentials, Opportunities and Constraints for Market Linkage and Contractual Farming Schemes Adil Yassin January 2014 ...
- Resource scarcity and the environment: evidence review and research gap analysis
- B. Daley / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This study focuses on the issue of resource scarcity and how it affects the environment and environmental resources as well as growth and poverty in developing countries. The study’s main geographical scope is Sub-Saharan Africa...
- Social protection training day: overview
- C. Maugham / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This document is a summary of key points made by each speaker in the “Social Protection Training Day” event that took place in the UK in 2013. The paper shows that social protection is a combination of social assist...
- Final report: evaluation of WASH capacity building interventions in Ethiopia
- H. Stolz; G. Abdi; Y. Yemane / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This paper is an independent evaluation of the capacity building interventions under the WSSP and the WASH projects, which are focused on water supply, sanitation and hygiene in Ethiopia. The paper highlights that the goal of W...
- The potential of NGOs to build resilience to climate extremes and disasters in the Sahel and a selection of DFID priority countries
- S. Standley / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- The BRACED is a multi-year programme which will scale up funding to NGOs interventions that build community resilience to extreme climate events in ten African and South Asian countries. Drawing on the first two phases of BRACED, this...
- Supporting climate resilient value chains
- D. Burnett / Evidence on Demand, 2013
- This report include an examination of three commodity supply/value chains that are grown in four African states besides Pakistan and Bangladesh. The document focuses particularly on current trends in the value chains and considering w...
- Opportunities and constraints of groundnut production in selected drylands of Ethiopia
- A. Chala / Drylands Coordination Group, Norway, 2014
- This report is the result of a DCG project focusing on opportunities and constraints in groundnut production in selected drylands of Etiopia. The project particularly looked into the challenge of reducing the level of mycotoxins. ...
- Negotiations for a Nile-Cooperative Framework Agreement
- Y. Arsano / Institute for Security Studies, 2011
- The geographical configurations of the Nile ensure that all Nilotic countries are inextricably bound together by a common reliance on the shared waters of this great river. However, for too long, all of these countries have given prio...
- Eco-cop: environmental policing in Eastern Africa
- P.A.N Mwanika / Institute for Security Studies, 2010
- This paper looks at one dominant realm of governance that makes up modern policing, i.e. the environmental realm, and particularly the policing activity known as environmental crime management. The paper underlines that nowhere...
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute
- African Information Society Initiative (AISI)
- AISI is an UNECA supported action framework that has been a basis for information and communication activities in Africa since 1996 AISI is not about technology. It is about giving Africans the means to improve the quality of their lives and fight against poverty.
- Ethiopian Development Research Institute, Ethiopia (EDRI)
- Conducting development policy research in Ethiopia