Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Empowering each other: young people who sell sex in Ethiopia
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This 12-page case study discusses the experience of a peer education project in Ethiopia, which trained young people who sell sex to reach out to their peers and lead sexual and reproductive health and rights sessions, supported by tr...
- Building the assets to thrive: addressing the HIV-related vulnerabilities of adolescent girls in Ethiopia
- A. Erulkar / Population Council, USA 2014
- When HIV prevention programs are shaped by evidence and designed for replication and scale-up, they can reach large numbers of the girls and young women at greatest risk and increase their ability to avoid infection. In Eas...
- Status report on nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) 2016
- Michelle Bosquet / Ecofys 2016
- Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Actions (NAMAs) have continued to show steady growth in proposals over the past six months, while financing remains limited and implementation lags behind. This is one of the findings of the NAMA Stat...
- Ethiopians’ views of democratic government: fear, ignorance, or unique understanding of democracy?
- R. Mattes; M. Teka / Afrobarometer 2016
- Five rounds of Afrobarometer surveys in up to 35 African countries show that ordinary African citizens tend to reach the same conclusions about the extent of democracy in their country as international expert rating systems. But the 2...
- Do dreams come true? Aspirations and educational attainments of Ethiopian boys and girls
- Young Lives 2016
- Most economic decisions that individuals take are forward-looking and are therefore shaped by the desire or ambition to achieve a goal. And yet, little is known about how aspirations shape decision-making. This paper partially address...
- Rapid fragility and migration assessment for Ethiopia
- B. Carter; B. Rohwerder / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2016
- This report is based on 24 days of desk-based research and provides a short synthesis of the literature on fragility and migration in relation to Ethiopia. It is difficult to obtain an accurate picture of the migration situatio...
- Women’s economic empowerment and care: evidence for influencing
- L. Rost; K. Bates; L. Dellepiane / Oxfam 2015
- Care responsibilities is being increasingly identified as a factor restricting women’s empowerment outcomes, yet there is limited evidence on determinants of long hours or gender inequality in care work. To gain a clearer unders...
- Energy dialogues in Africa: is the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam transforming Ethiopia’s regional role?
- A. Maupin / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- Major hydropower projects, such as the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) in Ethiopia, invite enquiry into the potential to increase the generation, transmission and distribution of power, how best to finance these infrastructures...