Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Chinese economic and trade co-operation zones in Africa: facing the challenges
- A.C. Alves / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2012
- The idea of exporting Chinese special economic zones to Africa was adopted as an official policy within the Forum on China–Africa Cooperation (FOCAC) framework at the third meeting held in Beijing in 2006, when President Hu Jint...
- Land Access and youth livelihood opportunities in Southern Ethiopia
- S. Bezu; S.T. Holden / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2013
- This study aims to examine current land access and youth livelihood opportunities in Southern Ethiopia. Access to agricultural land is a constitutional right for rural residents of Ethiopia. We used survey data from the relatively lan...
- Does Ethiopia’s productive safety net program improve child nutrition ?
- B.L. Debela; G. Shively; S.T. Holden / Norwegian University of Life Sciences, 2014
- The paper studies the link between Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program (PSNP) and short-run nutrition outcomes among children age 5 years and younger. It uses 2006 and 2010 survey data from Northern Ethiopia to estimate par...
- Home-Based Care Alliance policy brief: debunking myths
- Home-Based Care Alliance, 2013
- The Home-Based Care Alliance (HBCA) represents more than 30,000 caregivers organised into multi-district HBCAs in twelve African countries, caring for over 200,000 neighbours and friends, and with a history of organising around HIV/AI...
- Mainstreaming sustainable energy access into national development planning: The case of Ethiopia
- Z. Tessama; M. Davis; P.V. Tella; F. Lambe / Stockholm Environment Institute, 2013
- This study examines the case of Ethiopia in order to investigate the prospects for mainstreaming sustainable energy access into the development planning process and the implications of this for international development financiers, na...
- Jostling for Trade: The Politics of Livestock Marketing on the Ethiopia-Somaliland Border
- A. Eid / Future Agricultures Consortium, 2014
- Future Agricultures Working Paper 75 Abdurehman Eid February 2014 Cross-border livestock trade (CBLT) is an important livelihood activity for many pastoral and agro-pastoral communities in the Horn of Africa. The tra...
- Living testimony: obstetric fistula and inequities in maternal health
- D. Jones (ed); E. Brazier (ed); P. Lee Poy (ed) / Family Care International, 2007
- Obstetric fistula is an injury to the birth canal, resulting from prolonged labour, that has devastating physical and psychological effects on women’s lives. Its persistence reveals vast inequities in access to and quality of re...
- Challenges for improving nutrition governance in a context of state fragility.
- Andrés Mejía Acosta (ed) 2013
- This MQSUN Briefing describes lessons learnt and implications from a MQSUN assignment which main objective was to analyze the research and policy challenges for improving nutrition governance in a context of state fragility. E...
- A state of the art review of agriculture-nutrition linkages
- J Meeker; L Haddad 2013
- This AgriDiet Position Paper explores the latest evidence on the relationships between agriculture and nutrition in food-insecure regions. First, it summarises the levels and consequences of undernutrition. Second, it reviews some con...
- Can the urban poor afford modern energy? The case of Ethiopia
- B. Kebedea; A. Bekeleb; E. Kedirc / Elsevier, 2002
- This article compares the costs of using modern fuels and purchasing power of people living in poverty in urban Ethiopia. The three forms of energy considered are: kerosene, butane gas and electricity. The study examines the affordabi...
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute
- African Information Society Initiative (AISI)
- AISI is an UNECA supported action framework that has been a basis for information and communication activities in Africa since 1996 AISI is not about technology. It is about giving Africans the means to improve the quality of their lives and fight against poverty.
- Ethiopian Development Research Institute, Ethiopia (EDRI)
- Conducting development policy research in Ethiopia