Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Industrial policy in Ethiopia
- T. Altenburg / Deutsches Institut für Entwicklungspolitik / German Development Institute (GDI), 2010
- This report assesses industrial policy in Ethiopia. Industrial policy is a contested issue, especially for low-income countries. Proactive policies are required to make the transition from low-productivity resourced-based societies wi...
- Negotiating new relationships: how the Ethiopian state is involving China and Brazil in agriculture and rural development
- D. Alemu; I. Scoones / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2013
- This article provides an overview of Brazilian and Chinese agricultural development cooperation activities in Ethiopia. In the context of a highly aid-dependent country, the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) has developed an effecti...
- 'One hand can't clap by itself': Engagement of boys and men in KMG's intervention to eliminate FGM-C in Kembatta zone, Ethiopia, EMERGE Story of Change 3
- BRIDGE, 2015
- This story of change pulls out the key findings and messages from EMERGE case study 3, which focuses on the work of Kembatti Mentti Gezzimma (KMG) in Kembatta Zone, Ethiopia. KMG works with men, boys, women and girls as part of its ef...
- Reforming higher education: access, equity, and financing in Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia
- K. Gyimah-Brempong; P. Ondiege / World Economic Forum, 2011
- This chapter in the 2011 Africa Competitiveness Report analyses systems of higher education in Africa using five African countries— Botswana, Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa, and Tunisia— as case studies. Specifically, ...
- Chronic poverty in rural Ethiopia through the lens of life histories
- L. Camfield; K. Roelen / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2012
- Studying chronic poverty using retrospective qualitative data (life histories) in conjunction with longitudinal panel data is now widely recognised to provide deeper and more reliable insights (Davis and Baulch, 2009). This pap...
- “We are dying while giving life”: Gender and the role of Health Extension Workers in rural Ethiopia
- R. Jackson; D. Kilsby 2015
- The health sector is a key priority sector for addressing women’s needs and priorities in Ethiopia. Under the Health Sector Development Program (HSDP), the Health Extension Program (HEP) aims to improve equitable access to essen...
- The context of REDD+ in Ethiopia
- M. Bekele / Center for International Forestry Research, 2015
- Recent policy developments and emerging undertakings by the Ethiopian government signify the building of considerable government commitment to REDD+ implementation and carbon emission reductions in Ethiopia. In light of the cou...
- Climate adapted vilages. The Development Fund's model for local climate adaptation. Ethiopia.
- S.H. Strømland Strømland; R. Ortiz / Development Fund, Norway, 2015
- The Climate Adapted Villages model aims to make farmers and local communities capable of organizing themselves, identifying climate threats and practicing climate smart agriculture, enabling them to adapt to the current consequences o...
- The politics of seed in Africa's green revolution: alternative narratives and competing pathways
- I. Scoones; J. Thompson / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2011
- As calls for a ‘uniquely African green revolution’ gain momentum, a focus on seeds and seed systems is rising up the agricultural policy agenda. Much of the debate stresses the technological or market dimensions, with subs...
- Climate shocks, food and nutrition security: evidence from the Young Lives cohort study
- P. Dornan; M.J.O. Portela; K. Pells / Oxfam, 2014
- Many people living in poor communities in Ethiopia, India (particularly, Andhra Pradesh), Peru and Vietnam experience climatic shocks such as droughts and floods, and are often faced with issues of food insecurity. D...
- The African Child Policy Forum (ACPF)
- Science, Technology and Arts Research Journal (STAR)
- STAR Journal is an open-access journal which publishes research related to the fields of Science, Technology and Arts.
- Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM)
- The Ethiopian Journal of Environmental Studies and Management (EJESM) is based in the Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Bahir Dar University, Ethiopia. Its aim is to publish original research out put in the area of Geography, Ecology, Botany, Conservation studies, Water Resources, Urban Studies, Environmental Design and Management and other allied disciplines. It is devoted to dis...
- African Centre for Humanitarian Action - Africa Humanitarian Action (ACHA)
- ACHA aims to unite and strengthen African CSOs by facilitating stronger partnerships through increased learning and improved advocacy. It aims to build on existing knowledge and expertise in order to achieve greater impact for vulnerable communities. In doing so, ACHA enables CSOs to enhance their participation in the humanitarian community
- Pastoralist Communication Initiative
- Promoting new knowledge and innovation in pastoralism
- African Child Policy Forum
- African Child Policy Forum
- Development Policy Management Forum, Ethiopia (DPMF)
- DPMF is a regional civil-society organisation that aims at consolidating and institutionalising democratic governance in Africa. The forum conducts research, training and advocacy with a focus on enhancing the capacity of policy makers and civil-society in African countries. Areas of focus include: civil service and democratic governance conflict and peace-building regional integrat...
- Ethiopian Civil Service College (ECSC)
- ECSC was established in 1995 to cater for the training needs of the Ethiopian civil service system, to conduct research and to provide consultancy services. The college has three faculties: the faculty of law the faculty of urban development studies the faculty of business and economics As well as offering short term and undergraduate courses, the faculty of business and econom...
- Ethiopian Journal of Health Development
- The Ethiopian Journal of Health Development has been in print since 1984 and has been the main forum for exchange of information in the public health arena in Ethiopia. Currently the Journal is freely available online.
- Institute of Development Research, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia (IDR)
- Ethiopian socio-economic research institute