Ethiopia and Conflict and security
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS conflict collection
- Search for the latest conflict-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- What path will Ethiopia follow after the death of Prime Minister Meles?
- M. Handino; J. Lind; B. Mesfin / Institute of Development Studies UK, 2012
- The death of the Ethiopian Prime Minister, Meles Zenawi in August 2012 has raised serious questions about Ethiopia's political stability and development trajectory. Meles built up a complex web of relationships that conjoined domestic...
- Climate change, vulnerability and human mobility: perspectives of refugees from the east and Horn of Africa
- T. Afifi / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security, 2012
- This study aims to understand the extent to which refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) have perceived, experienced and responded to climatic variability and long-term negative climatic change in the east and Horn of Africa...
- Conflict in the Somali Region of Ethiopia: can education promote peacebuilding?
- S Richards / Feinstein International Center, USA, 2011
- This report is an analysis of the links between conflict and education in Somali Region, and examines if and how improved education might contribute to peace and security objectives. While recognizing the critical role of education in...
- What are the major causes of death in conflict affected areas?
- P. Salama; P. Spiegel; L. Talley; R. Waldman / The Lancet, 2004
- Major advances have been made during the past decade in the way the international community responds to the health and nutrition consequences of complex emergencies. The public health and clinical response to diseases of acute epidemi...
- Disarming the militias of southern Sudan
- Matthew B. Arnold; Chris Alden / id21 Development Research Reporting Service, 2008
- Sudans Comprehensive Peace Agreement of 2005 ended conflict between the Khartoum Government and its main southern rival, the Sudan Peoples Liberation Army. However, the continued presence of heavily armed civilians ...
- Presenting humanitarian mine action case studies
- Norwegian People's Aid, 2008
- Humanitarian mine action refers to activities undertaken to reduce the effect caused by land-mines and other explosive remnants of war in terms of social, economic and environmental impact of mines. The objective is the reduction of r...
- Bringing peace to pastoralists
- P. Sullivan / Pastoralist Communication Initiative, 2007
- This paper reports on a pastoralist gathering of elders brought together in Ethiopia from a number of tribes from the bordering areas of Kenya, Sudan and Ethiopia including the Nyangatom Woreda, Kangaten, Hamar, Dizi, Kara, and Kwegu....
- Does Somalia finally have an opportunity for peace?
- J. Prendergast / ENOUGH, 2008
- Has the international community washed its hands of Somalia? There has been no effective foreign engagement since the humiliation of US troops in the early nineties, leaving the people to contend with conflict, bloody partition and hu...
- Establishing long-term peace in Ethiopia and Eritrea
- L. Lata (ed) / Institute for Applied International Studies, Norway, 2007
- This document reflects the discussion and outcomes of the scholarly conference on the Ethiopia-Eritrea Conflict held in Oslo in July, 2006. The conference aimed to achieve the following objectives: putting together an ...
- The growing humanitarian crisis in the Somali Region of Ethiopia
- United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs, 2007
- Somali Region is one of the least developed regions of Ethiopia. The population lacks access to basic services in a context of increased vulnerability and insecurity due to hostilities between the Ethiopian military and the Ogaden Nat...
- United Nations Emergencies Unit for Ethiopia (UN-EUE)
- Focuses on pastoralism and conflict in Ethiopia