Ethiopia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Association between malaria and malnutrition among children aged under-five years in Adami Tulu District, south-central Ethiopia: a case-control study
- B. Shikur; W. Deressa; B. Lindtjørn / BMC Public Health 2016
- Background: Malaria and malnutrition are the major causes of morbidity and mortality in under-five children in developing countries such as Ethiopia. Malnutrition is the associated cause for about half of the deaths that occur among u...
- Meeting the need, fulfilling the promise: youth and long-acting reversible contraceptives
- N. Yinger / Population Reference Bureau 2016
- The highest proportion of young people today - 89 percent - live in developing countries. In some sub-Saharan African countries, where fertility remains high, we can expect growing cohorts of children and youth, unless fertili...
- Balancing school and work with new opportunities: changes in children’s gendered time use in Ethiopia (2006-2013)
- Young Lives 2016
- Focusing on the relationship between childrens work and school attendance, this paper explores time use trends among boys and girls in Ethiopia. It does this by comparing the time use of two cohorts of children at the sa...
- Between hope and a hard place: boys and young men negotiating gender, poverty and social worth in Ethiopia
- G. Crivello; N. van der Gaag / Young Lives 2016
- In recent years, there has been an increasing focus on adolescence as a key transition to adulthood. Young people are navigating puberty and making life choices around schooling, work, and intimate and family relatio...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Access, Services and Knowledge (ASK) Programme - essential packages manual
- Youth Empowerment Alliance 2014
- The Essential Packages Manual was produced as part of the "Access, Services and Knowledge" (ASK) programme of the Youth Empowerment Alliance, which seeks to improve the sexual and reproductive health rights (SRHR) of young people (15-...
- Empowering each other: young people who sell sex in Ethiopia
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This 12-page case study discusses the experience of a peer education project in Ethiopia, which trained young people who sell sex to reach out to their peers and lead sexual and reproductive health and rights sessions, supported by tr...
- Do dreams come true? Aspirations and educational attainments of Ethiopian boys and girls
- Young Lives 2016
- Most economic decisions that individuals take are forward-looking and are therefore shaped by the desire or ambition to achieve a goal. And yet, little is known about how aspirations shape decision-making. This paper partially address...
- Chronic poverty in rural Ethiopia through the lens of life histories
- L. Camfield; K. Roelen / Institute of Development Studies UK 2012
- Studying chronic poverty using retrospective qualitative data (life histories) in conjunction with longitudinal panel data is now widely recognised to provide deeper and more reliable insights (Davis and Baulch, 2009). This pap...
- Visions, voices and priorities of young people living with and most affected by HIV
- L. Orza; T. Crone; A. Basmajian / International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- This report shares perspectives and insights from young people from around the world living with and affected by HIV, who share their visions for realising and claiming their sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and for se...