Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate change vulnerability - cases from CIRDAP member countries
- Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific 2016
- Countries of the Asia Pacific region are particularly vulnerable to the impacts of climate change as indicated by the global assessments by the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). This monograph focuses on...
- Case study: child centered climate change adaptation (4CA) in the Pacific Islands
- S. Cocco-Klein / Equity for Children 2015
- The Child-Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA) Program supported communities in six Pacific Island Countries to adapt to the risks and challenges of climate change. The programs focus, unique to the r...
- Climate change in Coral Triangle of the Pacific Countries: supporting communities to adapt
- Asian Development Bank 2016
- In 2010, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) launched a regional technical assistance to respond to concerns raised by five Pacific developing member countries that lie within or on the border of the Coral Triangle - ??Fiji, Papua New Gu...
- The implications of land issues for climate resilient informal settlements in Fiji and Papua New Guinea
- D. Mitchell / Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK 2016
- This research aims to understand the implications of land issues for the climate resilience of informal settlements in Fiji and Papua New Guinea, both of which have more than 80% customary tenure. Findings from the research are...
- Renewable islands: settings for success
- International Renewable Energy Agency 2014
- The case studies in this short report are intended to show that a wide variety of islands in different locations and at different levels of development can all attract investment in cost-effective-renewable energy resources through a ...
- Re-framing island nations as champions of resilience in the face of climate change and disaster risk.
- R.M De Souza; S. Henly-Shepard; K. McNamara; N. Fernando / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2015
- This paper is part of a set of working papers that resulted from the Resilience Academy 2013-2014. The United Nations University Institute of Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) publishes these papers as part of its UNU-EHS Worki...
- Fiji renewables readiness assessment
- Y. Chen; G. Gönül; G. Zieroth / International Renewable Energy Agency 2015
- This report focuses on the scaling up of renewable energy in Fiji and identifies key actions to mobilise resources and guidance for fine-tuning future policy. It argues that scaling up both hydropower and non-hydro renewables w...
- Data mapping on ageing in Asia and the Pacific: analytical report
- B. Teerawichitchainan; J. Knodel / HelpAge International Asia, Pacific Regional Development Centre 2015
- Population ageing is an increasingly important demographic, social, and economic issue for researchers and policy makers throughout developing Asia prompting a need for data to monitor change and formulate evidence-based policies. The...
- Commodity windfalls, polarization, and net foreign assets: panel data evidence on the voracity effect
- R. Arezki; M. Brückner / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Basic inter-temporal theory of the current account predicts that countries which experience temporary revenue windfalls from international commodity price booms should experience an increase in their net foreign assets. This paper exa...
- Evaluating ecosystem-based adaptation for Disaster Risk Reduction in Fiji
- P. Brown; A. Daigneault; D. Gawith 2014
- This report documents an assessment of disaster risk reduction for flooding in the Ba and Penang River catchments in Viti Levu, Fiji to identify the most cost-effective management options for communities and households. The analysis a...