Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Agricultural Development and Value Chain Enhancement Activity II in Ghana: Climate change mitigation co-benefits from sustainable intensification of maize, soybean, and rice
- Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- ADVANCE II is a 4.5-year activity funded by USAID under its Feed the Future (FTF) initiative and is implemented by ACDI/VOCA in the Upper East, Upper West, and Northern Regions of Ghana. Begun in 2014, the goal of the activity is to s...
- Children’s mobility in Ghana: an SBHA Special Issue
- G. Porter (ed); K. Hampshire (ed) / Society, Biology and Human Affairs 2010
- Children throughout Sub-Saharan Africa are extraordinarily mobile. Every day children travel to school, to markets, to fetch water and firewood, to work on farms and take farm produce to grinding mills, as well as to visit friends and...
- Ghana's youth dividend?
- C. Ksoll; K. Lehrer / Centre for the Study of African Economies, Oxford 2013
- Young people are one of Africas greatest potential assets for its continued development. The Ghana Opportunities for Transitioning Post-Secondary School Students research project investigates the transition of recent...
- Out of the reach of children? Young people’s health-seeking agency in Africa’s newly-emerging therapeutic landscapes
- K. Hampshire; G. Porter; S.A. Owusu / University of Durham 2011
- The dominant view within Western biomedicine is that children are vulnerable and in need of adult protection, while medicines are powerful, dangerous and should be controlled by experts, however, a growing literature suggests that chi...
- Agency and advocacy: disabled students in Higher Education in Ghana and Tanzania
- L. Morley; A. Croft / Research in Comparative and International Education 2011
- Between 10% and 15% of the worlds population are thought to be disabled. The 2006 United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities is an example of emerging global policy architecture for human rights for dis...
- Mobile phones and education in Sub-Saharan Africa: from youth practice to public policy
- Journal of International Development 2015
- Young people's use of mobile phones is expanding exponentially across Africa. Its transformative potential is exciting, but findings presented in this paper indicate how the downside of mobile phone use in African schools is becoming ...
- Oil and fisheries in Ghana: prospects for a socio-ecological compact
- A. Benkenstein / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- Fisheries play a crucial role in supporting livelihoods and food security in Ghana. While there is a sizable industrial fishing fleet, more than two-thirds of Ghanas total marine fish catch is accounted for by artisanal fishers....
- Youth, mobility and mobile phones in Africa: findings from a three-country study
- University of Durham 2014
- The expansion of mobile phone use in sub-Saharan Africa, particularly over the last five years, has been remarkable in terms of speed of adoption, spatial penetration and, not least, the fact that this is an essentially spontaneous de...
- Cocoa farmers' perception on climate variability and its effects on adaptation strategies in the Suaman district of western region, Ghana
- Cogent Food & Agriculture Journal 2016
- Climate Change has gained global attention due to its adverse impact on agriculture. Cocoa production in Ghana is also under threat following climate change. This study, therefore, examined farmers perception on climate variabil...
- Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa: ALP results, outcomes and impacts report, January 2010 to June 2015
- CARE International 2015
- This report presents an overview of the outcomes and learning generated from the Adaptation Learning Programme for Africa (ALP) over five and a half years of implementation (2010-2015). It presents the perspectives of the ALP teams an...