Ghana and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children Malnutrition and Horizontal Inequalities in Sub-Saharan Africa:A Focus on Contrasting Domestic Trajectories
- V. Garcia / United Nations Development Programme, 2012
- The positive trend observed in recent accelerated economic growth in sub-Saharan African countries represents a huge opportunity to foster sustainable development, This paper contributes to the literature by providing a more accurate ...
- Youth vulnerabilities and adaptation: Exploring the impact of macro-level shocks on youth: 3F (food, fuel, financial) crisis and climate change in Ghana, Mozambique and Vietnam
- P. Pereznieto / Overseas Development Institute, 2011
- The main component of the study, for which research was undertaken from July 2010 to February 2011, focused on understanding how the 3F crisis impacted on different areas of young peoples lives and development, mediated through ...
- Dropping Out of School in Southern Ghana: The Push-out and Pull-out Factors
- E. Ananga / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- Addressing school dropout has been one of the most controversial elements of policy since the introduction of free compulsory universal basic education (FCUBE) in Ghana. This document argues that in order to achieve the target of univ...
- Fosterage and Access to Schooling in Savelugu-Nanton, Ghana
- C. Rolleston / Consortium for Research on Educational Access, Transitions and Equity, 2011
- Fosterage is an important cultural institution in Ghana. Its effects on education are ambiguous. This study examines fostering as a possible contributor to the low levels of educational access and progress in the district using second...
- Re-engineering Education and Training for Economic and Social Development in the 21st Century: A Focus on Technology and Skills Development in National Education and Training Systems in Africa
- P. Swarts / Global E-Schools and Communities Initiative, 2011
- This paper argues for the re-engineering of education and training systems for sustainable socio-economic development in Africa and looks at the role of ICTs in this context. African youth face very high unemployment rates, while also...
- An overview of existing social protection programmes and childhood poverty in West and Central Africa
- R. Holmes; T. Braunholtz-Speight / Overseas Development Institute, 2009
- This report seeks to provide an overview of existing social protection policy and programming initiatives in the West and Central Africa and to assess the extent to which these address the particular manifestations of childhood povert...
- Issues affecting migration of children in Ghana
- S. O. Kwankye; J. K. Anarfi; C. A. Tagoe / Development Research Centre on Migration, Globalisation and Poverty, University of Sussex, 2009
- Whilst migration is neither a new phenomenon, nor specific to any group of people, the trends and dynamics of population movements vary greatly over space and time. This working paper explores the reasons for the phenomenon of indepen...
- Challenging gender roles in small scale mining
- International Institute for Labour Studies, ILO, 2007
- In the small-scale mining industry little is understood about the roles and activities of girls and the effect that this has on their lives and livelihoods. The issue of girl child labour in mining is largely unknown, it is often not ...
- Children's participation in transport planning and policy: Ghana, South Africa and India
- M. Mashiri; S. Dube; D. Buiten / Commonwealth Youth and Development, 2007
- Transport plays a significant role in the lives of children and young people, facilitating or constraining their ability to discharge their domestic responsibilities, providing opportunities for earning an income, supporting or inhibi...
- Children’s experiences of migration in Ghana
- I. Hashim / Development Research Centre on Migration, Globalisation and Poverty, University of Sussex, 2006
- This paper looks broadly at the positives and negatives of childrens experiences of migration. It focuses on the dangers and pitfalls that independent child migrants report, along with the perceived benefits and opportunities. I...