Guatemala and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Norwegian and Swedish agencies should cooperate more to promote child rights in Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan
- A. Tostensen; H. Stokke; S. Trygged / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD, 2011
- Guatemala, Kenya, Mozambique and Sudan have ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC) and are bound to take legislative, policy, and administrative action to honour their legal obligations. This report synthesises the f...
- Consequences of maternal and child undernutrition on adult health and human capital
- C. G. Victora / The Lancet, 2008
- This paper reviews the associations between maternal and child undernutrition with human capital and risk of adult diseases in low-income and middle-income countries. Data is analysed from five long-standing prospective cohort s...
- A positive stigma model on child labour in Guatemala
- H.A. Patrinos; M. Najeeb Shafiq / Education Section, Human Development Department, World Bank, 2008
- Using data from Guatemala, this study introduces a model that assumes a positive stigma (or norm) toward child labour that is common in some developing countries. The analysis uses two instruments for measuring stigma: a child’s...
- Children in Guatemala are paying the price for US vegetable products
- National Labor Committee, USA, 2007
- This report documents the exploitation of child labour in Guatemala. In particular, the report explores the agricultural export sector with a specific focus on the company, Legumex. The report finds that: the maj...
- How does the work of boys and girls differ in the Latin America and Caribbean region?
- L. Guarcello; B. Henschel; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2006
- This study examines the child labour phenomenon in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region from a gender perspective. It represents part of a broader effort to improve understanding of how child labour differs by sex, and to ensu...
- Children and women domestic workers’ experiences of abuse and how governments can address them
- J. Sunderland; N. Varia / Human Rights Watch, 2006
- Abuses of children and women domestic workers - many of them migrant workers - are widespread, but increased awareness of the problem has not yet resulted in concerted government action to address it. Based on interviews with hundreds...
- An overview of the child labour situation in Guatemala
- International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2003
- This report provides an overview of the childrens work in Guatemala its extent and nature, its determinants, and its consequences for health and education. The report also: looks at national responses to child labour i.e....
- Analysis of the child and adolescent sexual exploitation situation in Central America and the Dominican Republic
- B. Sorensen ; M.C. Claramunt / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2003
- This summary report presents data on commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in Central America and Dominican Republic, specifically looking at Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, and Do...
- Methods to measure vulnerability of children in Guatemala
- F. Mealli; S. Pudney; F. Rosati / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2004
- This research develops and applies new methods for the measurement and empirical analysis of vulnerability to future premature school leaving and/or onset of child labour, It builds on the risk management approach and focuses on two a...
- World Visions work: empowerment of women and girls
- World Vision International Resources on Child Rights, 2006
- This publication is World Visions briefing paper to the 50th Commission on the Status of Women. It focuses on World Visions work to empower and advance the status of women and girls while assisting the entire community in ...