Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Real-time evaluation of Norway's international climate and forest initiative. Literature review and programme theory.
- Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2016
- The report presents findings of a baseline for a new wave of real time evaluation of Norways International Climate and Forest Initiative (NICFI). Two separate but closely connected studies have been conducted following an extens...
- Indigenous peoples’ rights and climate policies in Guyana: a special report
- Forest Peoples Programme 2014
- Guyana is a high forest cover and low deforestation country with tropical forests covering up to 85% of the national land area. The vast majority of Guyana’s forests are found on lands traditionally used and occupied by Amerindi...
- Vulnerability and capacity assessment: impacts of climate change on Guyana’s agriculture sector final report
- Caribbean Community Secretariat 2009
- The mainstreaming Adaptation to Climate Change Project began the processof provioding for the implementation of pilot vulnerability capacity Assessment in the water, agriculture and tourism sectors. This study researched a...
- An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in the Caribbean
- R. Martin / CEPAL - ECLAC Database 2013
- The 2013 report assesses the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitt...
- Perspectives from civil society on the millennium development goals and post-2015 agenda: focus on small states and vulnerability
- L. Murray / Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre 2013
- The interconnectedness of the Millennium Development Goals mean that lack of progress in one area can undermine gains in another. In 2012 the Commonwealth Foundation, in partnership with the United Nations Millennium Campaign, ...
- Re-framing island nations as champions of resilience in the face of climate change and disaster risk.
- R.M De Souza; S. Henly-Shepard; K. McNamara; N. Fernando / United Nations University Institute for Environment and Human Security 2015
- This paper is part of a set of working papers that resulted from the Resilience Academy 2013-2014. The United Nations University Institute of Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS) publishes these papers as part of its UNU-EHS Worki...
- Enhancing Gender Visibility in Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change in the Caribbean: Country Assessment Report for Guyana
- J. Castello / United Nations Development Programme 2009
- This report presents the findings of the Guyana Country Assessment for the Caribbean Risk Management Initiative (CRMI), which sought to establish the extent to which gender is mainstreamed into disaster risk management and mitigation ...
- REDD+ as performance-based aid: general lessons and bilateral agreements of Norway
- A. Angelsen 2013
- REDD+, when it officially became part of the international climate agenda in 2007, was an idea about payment to countries and projects for reducing emission from forests, with funding primarily from carbon markets. REDD+ has since bec...
- Amazon Malaria Initiative (AMI) quarterly bulletin - April 2014
- Amazon Malaria Initiative 2014
- Thi issue inlcudes: international partner highlights; country spotlight on Ecuador, Guyana, Nicaragua, Honduras, Peru and Suriname; global malaria news, events and meetings.
- Incentives for electricity generation in a green economy: effective frameworks from Latin America
- J. Russell / Evidence and Lessons from Latin America 2014
- Latin American countries are implementing innovative policy and market mechanisms to catalyse the development of nonconventional renewable energy sources. This Brief presents some of the region’s success stories. In 2...