Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Integrating watershed and coastal areas management in the Caribbean small island developing states
- Global Environment Facility Environmental Information Infrastructure (EII) for Latin America and the Caribbean 2007
- The capacity needs assessment examined the functions, procedures, products, data, tools and human resources available in each agency and uses this information to determine GIS and Information and Communications Technology (ICT) requir...
- An assessment of the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in the Caribbean
- R. Martin / CEPAL - ECLAC Database 2013
- The 2013 report assesses the economic and social impacts of climate change on the energy sector in Antigua and Barbuda, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Kitt...
- Impact of perceived electoral fraud on Haitian voter’s beliefs about democracy
- R. Muggah / Igarape Institute 2015
- Haiti’s presidential elections in October 2015 were reportedly marred by voting irregularities and fraud. The results issued by the Provisional Electoral Council in early November are contested, with the country again gripp...
- Post-2015 Advocacy Toolkit
- One billion children experience some form of violence each year. Girls are particularly vulnerable, with 120 million under the age of 20 reporting forced sexual intercourse or other forced sexual acts at some point in their lives. Bey...
- Strategic research into national and local capacity building for DRM: Haiti fieldwork report
- Strategic Research into National and Local Capacity Building for Disaster Risk Management (2013-2015) 2015
- To date there has been little formal, empirical research that has been conducted on capacity building for disaster risk management (DRM), an d as a result international actors lack robust, evidence-based guidance on how capacity for D...
- Premiere communication nationale sur les changements climatiques
- UNFCCC National Communications (Non-Annex I) 2001
- L'Ètude de vulnÈrabilitÈ d'HaÔti face aux changements climatiques a ÈtÈ rÈalisÈe pour les secteurs de l'agriculture et des ressources en eau avec des projections pour les ann&Egra...
- Commodity windfalls, polarization, and net foreign assets: panel data evidence on the voracity effect
- R. Arezki; M. Brückner / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2011
- Basic inter-temporal theory of the current account predicts that countries which experience temporary revenue windfalls from international commodity price booms should experience an increase in their net foreign assets. This paper exa...
- Exchange rate regimes for post-conflict recovery
- I. Elbadawi; R. Soto / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2013
- The economic agenda for post-conflict transition has been dominated by issues of aid effectiveness. This paper argues that the received literature has largely ignored the important issue of what constitutes an optimal exchange rate an...
- Evaluation of Norway’s support to Haiti after the 2010 earthquake
- L.C. Morinière / Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation - NORAD 2015
- This evaluation looks at the Norwegian assistance to Haiti after the earthquake with a two-fold purpose. First, it looks at the effectiveness of Norwegian assistance to Haiti. Second, the evaluation seeks to improve future Norwegian d...
- Rapid literature review: Gender in Fragile and Conflict-affected Situations
- E. Browne; H. Haider; F. Oddsdottir; B. Rohwerder; A. L. Strachan / Governance and Social Development Resource Centre 2014
- This rapid review collates a large amount of literature published in 2013 and 2014 (up to April 2014) on the topic of gender in fragile and conflict-affected situations (FCAS). It is not a systematic or exhaustive review, but does pro...