Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Traditional markets for poverty reduction and food security: Exploring policy options in Honduras and Nicaragua
- B. Reyes / International Center for Tropical Agriculture 2016
- With financial support from the Ford Foundation, in 2015 the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) and its partners Swisscontact and Lutheran World Relief implemented the study Informal markets for poverty...
- A practical guide to social audit as a participatory tool to strengthen democratic governance, transparency and accountability
- United Nations Development Programme 2011
- This Practical Guide analyses social auditing experiences around the world and extracts important lessons that intend to provide practical guidance to United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and other United Nations agencies officer...
- Financing agricultural value chains in Latin America: barriers and opportunities in Mexico, Peru and Honduras
- Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2014
- Small and medium commercial family farms in Latin America represent a large and important portion of the agricultural sector, with significant potential for catalyzing economic growth in the region. Despite this potential, small and m...
- Conditions for success in implementing CCT programs: lessons for Asia from Latin America and the Caribbean
- R. Paes-Sousa; F. Regalia; M. Stampini / Banco Interamericano de Desarrollo / Inter-American Development Bank (IADB) 2014
- Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programs have become the main social assistance interventions in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC), reaching 129 million individuals in 18 countries in 2010. Programs shared key characteristics such...
- Research for the implementation of the Honduras national ICT master plan
- Sanhae Kim; Yongho Han; Jongwon Lim / Korea Development Institute 2013
- The ICT Master Plan established "e-Honduras 2038" as the ICT vision, and recommended to implement the plan by defining 7 sectors for the ICT Master Plan, namely ICT HRD, ICT Infrastructure, ICT Legal Framework, ICT Awareness, EGovernm...
- Women on the run: first-hand accounts of refugees fleeing El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Mexico
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees 2015
- The refugee crisis currently playing out around the world is almost unprecedented in living memory. Not since World War II have so many people been forcibly displaced. While conflict in Syria and the resulting flows of people seeking ...
- Climate adapted vilages. The Development Fund's model for local climate adaptation. Honduras
- S.H. Strømland; R. Ortiz / Development Fund, Norway 2015
- The Climate Adapted Villages model aims to make farmers and local communities capable of organizing themselves, identifying climate threats and practicing climate smart agriculture, enabling them to adapt to the current consequences o...
- Breaking the rules, breaking the game: external ideas, politics and inclusive development in Honduras
- S. Hunt / Effective States and Inclusive Development Research Centre 2015
- This paper uses a political settlements approach to analyse the commitment and capacity to address social policy issues in Honduras. The paper considers the significance and impact of external ideas on the changing distribution of pow...
- Resource rents, political institutions and economic growth
- I. Elbadawi; R. Soto / Economic Research Forum, Egypt 2012
- The curse associated with oil and other point-source rents is real, though contemporary literature suggests that it is not inevitable. This paper contributes to the empirical literature on oil and other point-source resource curse, bu...
- Gender and Food Security In Brief
- G. Aboud; M. Ballara; A. Brody / BRIDGE 2015
- This In Brief argues that tackling gender injustice and truly empowering women is not only a fundamental prerequisite for improving food and nutrition security. It needs to be seen as a goal in its own right. In Brief sets out a preli...