Honduras and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Unaccompanied alien children: potential factors contributing to recent immigration
- Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- In the past several years, and in the past year in particular, the number of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) seeking to enter the United States along the U.S.-Mexico border has surged to unusually high levels. This surge is driven ...
- Unaccompanied alien children: an overview
- L. Seghetti; A. Siskin; R.E. Wasem / Federation of American Scientists, 2014
- The number of unaccompanied alien children (UAC) arriving in the United States is straining the system put in place over the past decade to handle such cases. UAC are defined in statute as children who lack lawful immigration status i...
- How does the work of boys and girls differ in the Latin America and Caribbean region?
- L. Guarcello; B. Henschel; S. Lyon; F. Rosati; C. Valdivia / Understanding Children’s Work (UCW) Programme, 2006
- This study examines the child labour phenomenon in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region from a gender perspective. It represents part of a broader effort to improve understanding of how child labour differs by sex, and to ensu...
- Children’s experiences of conflict with the law and recommendations to protect them
- F. Martin; J. Parry-Williams / Save the Children Fund, 2005
- This report addresses the issues facing children who are in conflict with the law. Drawing throughout on case studies and first-hand descriptions of childrens experiences, the first part analyses the experiences and situation of...
- The situation of child labour in Honduras
- M. del Camen Ayes Cema / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2003
- This report provides in-depth analysis of child labour in Honduras. Data from the 2002 Child Labour Survey indicate that 125,879 girls and boys between 5 and 13 years of age are working, contrary to the legislation on minimum age for ...
- Analysis of the child and adolescent sexual exploitation situation in Central America and the Dominican Republic
- B. Sorensen ; M.C. Claramunt / International Programme on the Elimination of Child Labour, 2003
- This summary report presents data on commercial sexual exploitation of children and adolescents in Central America and Dominican Republic, specifically looking at Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, Panama, and Do...
- Participation and working children
- M. Black / Save the Children Fund, 2004
- This report is the outcome of research on participation and working children in Bangladesh, Brazil, Guatemala and Honduras, India and Senegal. Working childrens participation involves a wide range of activities, such as: ...
- What factors determine child health in Nicaragua and Honduras, and what is the impact of health policy?
- V. David; M. Moncada; F. Ordoñez 2004
- This paper looks at government health programmes in Nicaragua and Honduras in an attempt to understand the factors determining child health. This paper examines: private and public determinants of child health ...
- Workers with children face extreme prejudice in hiring and firing
- J. Heymann / International Labour Organization, 2004
- This paper looks at how discrimination associated with family responsibilities can lead to reduced incomes and a vicious cycle of poverty. Based on interviews of workers in Botswana, Honduras, Mexico, the Russian Federation, the Unite...
- Special journal edition on understanding the realities of rural life for young people
- Agri Cultures Network, 2004
- Each new generation of farmers faces the challenge of trying to create a livelihood from the resources available to them. These resources are the result of the physical and social legacies of the past, as well as the opportunities of ...