Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The Future of rice security under climate change
- P.P.S. Teng; M. Caballero-Anthony; J.A. Lassa / Centre For Non-Traditional Security Studies 2016
- Food systems are climate and weather dependent; heat stress and changes in rainfall patterns and relative humidity are likely to regulate crop yields. Elevated carbon dioxide (CO2) are likely to directly and indirectly bring n...
- Understanding children’s experiences of violence in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India: evidence from Young Lives
- V. Morrow; R. Singh / Young Lives 2016
- Physical and emotional violence towards children in India appears to be so widespread that it is often difficult to trace the direct effects of poverty; the findings suggest that a range of factors appear to play a role, espec...
- Population aging in India: facts, issues, and options
- Institute for the Study of Labor, Bonn 2016
- India, one of the worlds two population superpowers, is undergoing unprecedented demographic changes. Increasing longevity and falling fertility have resulted in a dramatic increase in the population of adults aged 60 an...
- Child marriage and early child-bearing in India: risk factors and policy implications
- J. Roest / Young Lives 2017
- Prevalence rates of child marriage and early child-bearing have been declining across India over the past two decades, but absolute numbers remain high. This paper uses data collected from 3,000 children over 15 years in Andhr...
- Russian BRICS Presidency: models of engagement with international institutions
- M. Larionova / International Organisations Research Journal 2016
- Six years after the first summit in 2009 in Yekaterinburg, the BRICS grouping of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa has established its identity as an informal global governance forum. The members have consistently ...
- Indian economy and demonetisation: way forward
- S. Bhattacharjee / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2017
- The delegalisation of the two highest value currency notes announced by Indian government on November 8th 2016 has created an impact on the economy at a scale which no other piece of policy has rivalled for a long time. ...
- Child Under-weight and Agricultural Productivity in India: Implications for Public Provisioning and Women’s Agency
- S.S. Vepa; B. Viswanathan; R.V. Bhavani; R. Parasar / Review of Radical Political Economics 2015
- The well-known pathways that link agriculture to child nutrition are food, quality of food, and care of feeding. Further, agricultural productivity growth contributes significantly to poverty reduction and reduction in child undernutr...
- India-Africa seed sector collaboration: emerging prospects and challenges
- T.P. Rajendran; A. Kumar / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India-Africa seed sector has promises for improving trade with various African nations. This discussion paper analyses the external orientation of the Indian seed industry, institutional architecture for enabling trade of vege...
- Food price differences across Indian states: patterns and determinants
- A. Melchior / Norwegian Institute for International Affairs 2016
- The paper examines food price differences across Indian states during 2004-2014 using food consumer prices from household surveys and wholesale/retail prices for selected goods. At the individual product level there are large price di...
- Addressing environmental degradation and rural poverty through climate change adaptation: an evaluation of social learning in drought-affected districts of Southern India
- S. Nair / Climate Change Agriculture Food Security 2016
- The overall goal of this paper is to apply the climate change and social learning monitoring and evaluation (M&E) framework of the CGIARs Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS) Policies and...
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, ODISHA (MGNREGS)
- This Society serves as an additional managerial and technical capacity to the Panchayati Raj Department, Government of Odisha for the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the State. The society will: Receive, manage and account for the funds received from the MoRD & State Government. Strengthen the technical/managerial capaci...
- Open Government Data (ODG) Platform India (ODG)
- Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India - data.gov.in - is a platform for supporting Open Data initiative of Government of India. The portal is intended to be used by Government of India Ministries/ Departments their organizations to publish datasets, d...
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD)
- IPE Global Centre for Knowledge & Development (IPE CKD), is a dedicated entity promoted by IPE Global Limited for development research, dialogue, learning and innovation. Its purpose is to seek, develop and share innovative solutions to address the global challenges of development.
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)