Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- MGNREGS in Odisha: the path
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, ODISHA 2014
- Over the last eight years, the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) bas become an important instrument for equitable growth, livelihood support, gender parity and social security in the country. In ...
- City resilience toolkit: response to deadly heat waves and preparing for rising temperatures
- Natural Resources Defense Council 2016
- One of the worlds deadliest heat waves devastated India in May 2015, killing more than 2,300 people. As climate change increases the frequency and severity of heat waves and the associated health risks, vulnerable, poor ...
- ‘Tomorrow Will Not Be Like Yesterday ’ Sahariya Tribals emerge from the shadows
- P. Philipose / ActionAid International 2014
- This edition in the series of Critical Stories of Change presents the story of Sahariya tribals categorized as a Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group (PVTG). They reside in contiguous areas of Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Uttar Prade...
- Identifying livelihood promotion strategies for Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups under NRLM
- United Nations Development Programme 2012
- The National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM), the flagship programme of the Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India (GoI), is keen to promote the development of Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTGs) on a priority ba...
- Local actions: solutions to global challenges - initiatives of indigenous peoples in climate change adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction based on traditional knowledge
- Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- While governments around the world continue to debate about policies and practices to address climate change solutions, they pay little attention to the situation of indigenous peoples who are among those most affected by clim...
- Asia report on climate change and indigenous people
- J. Carling; J. Carino; L.N. Sherpa / Asia Indigenous Peoples Pact 2016
- The impacts of climate change are severe for at least 260 million indigenous peoples in Asia. The effects of warming temperature, extreme weather events, unpredictable seasons and sea level rise include loss of lives and prope...
- South-South cooperation: conference proceedings 2016
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Emerging economies such as India have their own philosophy underlying development cooperation. The norms and mechanisms of such cooperation are different from OECD norms or norms followed by international financial institutions. ...
- Statistical profile of scheduled tribes in India 2013
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs 2013
- The Government of India acknowledges the importance of a good database to deal with Scheduled Tribes affairs.This document contains information relating to some key characteristics pertaining to Scheduled Tribe population such a...
- Tribal profile at a glance 2014
- The Ministry of Tribal Affairs 2014
- Statistical Profile of Scheduled Tribes. This is done through collection, collation, analysis and dissemination of data and information on various facets of tribals and their socio-economic development from different sources - C...
- How can community health programmes build enabling environments for transformative communication? Experiences from India and South Africa
- Catherine Campbell; Flora Cornish / London School of Economics 2010
- This paper seeks to characterise the social environments in which community-led health programmes are most likely to facilitate effective and sustainable health improvements, using three dimensions to characterise social contexts: mat...
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee scheme, ODISHA (MGNREGS)
- This Society serves as an additional managerial and technical capacity to the Panchayati Raj Department, Government of Odisha for the implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme in the State. The society will: Receive, manage and account for the funds received from the MoRD & State Government. Strengthen the technical/managerial capaci...
- Open Government Data (ODG) Platform India (ODG)
- Open Government Data (OGD) Platform India - data.gov.in - is a platform for supporting Open Data initiative of Government of India. The portal is intended to be used by Government of India Ministries/ Departments their organizations to publish datasets, d...
- IPE-Centre for Knowledge Development (IPE CKD)
- IPE-Centre for Knowledge Development (CKD) is the knowledge management arm of IPE Global Limited established in 2013 to extend the frontiers of knowledge and promote experimentation for innovative solutions to global development challenges. Under the IPE-CKD initiative, we look at coming up with publications and reports both in house through our own researches and through partner supported init...
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)