Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Potential impacts of iron biofortification in India
- A.J. Stein; J.V. Meenakshi; M. Qaim / Social Science and Medicine, 2008
- Iron deficiency is a widespread nutrition and health problem in developing countries, causing impairments in physical activity and cognitive development, as well as maternal mortality. Although food fortification and supplementation p...
- India and Israel: reinforcing the partnership
- T Kumar / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- India and Israel share a unique partnership. It is both varied and comprehensive and is characterised by pragmatism and trust. It is transactional as well as strategic and has withstood the test of time and political transitions in bo...
- Nuclear security in India
- R.P Rajagopalan / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- India has for long been a victim of terrorism. It has suffered everything from left-wing extremism to separatist insurgency and state-sponsored cross-border terrorism. The Mumbai terror attack offers sufficient evidence of the inclina...
- An 'India exception' and India-US partnership on climate change
- B Jones / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- Climate change has become the major global challenge of this young century. For years, the search for solutions has run up against a sharp North-South divide over the historical emissions of developed countries and the parameters of w...
- Capital flows in the quantitative easing era: building resilience in emerging economies
- M Goel / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- Unconventional Monetary Policies (UMPs), initially designed to resuscitate domestic growth in advanced economies, have now permeated into the deepest cracks of the global financial system. The prevalence of near-zero interest rates an...
- Gender and identity on social media
- N Gautam / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- Over the years, feminist critiques of Habermas's conceptualisation of the 'public sphere' have been published by various theorists including Nancy Fraser, Seyla Benhabib, Iris Marion Young, Mary Ryan, Carole Patman and Joan Landes. Th...
- India's NSG membership: examining the relationship between NPT and the NSG
- A Biswas / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2015
- The Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG)'s annual plenary sessions, since 2011 to date, have seen discussions on India's relationship with the Group. Although the statements issued at these plenary sessions have remained restricted to the me...
- Indo-US cvil nuclear cooperation agreement: implementation hurdles
- G. Kanwal / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2005
- India signed a landmark strategic agreement having far reaching consequences with the United States during Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's summit meeting with President George W. Bush on July 18, 2005. Of the two major facets of the a...
- Mumbai blasts: time to act
- W. John; P.V. Ramana / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2006
- The Mumbai serial train blasts that killed over 200 persons and left more than 700 injured within a span of 11 minutes on July 11, 2006 is the most serious attack on the Indian state and its people since the attack on Parliament on De...
- Effective legislation critical for fighting terror
- W. John / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi, 2006
- Terrorism today poses the gravest threat to India’s sovereignty and integrity. It subverts the fundamental Rule of Law, denies rights to the citizens, endangers the social fabric, and threatens political and economic stability. ...
- Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW)
- The Council on Energy, Environment and Water is an independent, not-for-profit policy research institution.
- Indian Journal for the Practising Doctor (IndMedica)
- It is Indmedica's philosophy that all health and medical related information should be freely viewable and accessible by all, healthcare professionals and the public alike, in the hope of improving awareness,the standard level of health and ultimately improving the the lives of people all around India, and even the world. In line with this philosophy, its goal is to bring as much inform...
- Indian Pediatrics
- The general objective of Indian Pediatrics is " To promote the science and practice of Pediatrics." An important guiding principle has been the simultaneous need to inform, educate and entertain the target audience . The specific key objectives are: 1. To publish original, relevant, well researched peer reviewed articles on issues related to child health. 2. To provide contin...
- Journal of Human Ecology (JHE)
- The Journal of Human Ecology (J Hum Ecol) is a peer reviewed, internationally circulated journal. It publishes reports of original research, theoretical articles and timely reviews, and brief communications in the interdisciplinary field of Human Ecology. The Journal serves as a forum for social and life scientists and health professionals. Especially those who share common interests in understand...
- Public Health Foundation of India
- The Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) is a public private initiative that has collaboratively evolved through consultations with multiple constituencies including Indian and international academia, state and central governments, multi & bi-lateral agencies and civil society groups. PHFI is a response to redress the limited institutional capacity in India for strengthening training, rese...
- Knowledge Partnership Programme (KPP)
- The Knowledge Partnership Programme (KPP) is an initiative to explore and showcase India's success in meeting development challenges in terms of policy and practice. It supports evidence generation and uptake on global and national policy issues. The aim of the programme is to design, support and supervise the implementation of evidence generation and its uptake thereby meeting the key KPP objecti...
- Environment Support Group (ESG)
- Environment Support Group works with a variety of environmental and social justice initiatives across India and the world. They aim to pro-actively address issues and concerns collaborating across sectors and disciplines keeping the interests of local project affected communities and voiceless ecosystems in primary focus. Started informally in 1996 and formally registered as a Public...
- Institute of Economic Growth, India (IEG)
- The Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) is an autonomous, multidisciplinary Centre for advanced research and training. IEG's research falls into the following broad themes: agriculture and rural development environment and resource economics globalization and trade industry, labour and welfare macro-economic policy and mo...
- Realising Sexual and Reproductive Justice (RESURJ)
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- The Ministry of Home Affairs for the Government of India