Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- ASEAN-India Maritime Connectivity Report
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries, 2014
- The promotion of all-round connectivity is one of the priority areas where enhanced cooperation between India and ASEAN is envisaged. Connectivity, in this sense, covers cross-border road, rail, air and digital connectivity, as well a...
- Implementation Notes
- International Food Policy Research Institute, 2014
- The Partnerships and Opportunities to Strengthen and Harmonize Actions for Nutrition in India (POSHAN) programme has launched a new series of publications called Implementation Notes. These papers summarize experiences related to...
- Justice in urban climate change adaptation: criteria and application to Delhi
- S. Hughes / Ecology and Society, 2013
- The authors argue that it is not only important to understand if adaptation as it is implemented in cities is just, but that the way in which it is conceptualized and planned must be just too. They call for the development of clear cr...
- Urban low carbon growth: financing opportunities for Indian cities
- ICLEI - Local Governments for Sustainability, 2013
- This report, prepared by ICLEI South Asia with support from the British High Commission in Delhi discusses the opportunities for urban climate finance in Indian cities. It starts by detailing the context of urbanisation in India, and ...
- Building urban climate resilience: learning from the ACCCRN experience in India
- D. Sharma; R. Singh; R. Singh / Taylor and Francis Group, 2014
- This article, written by TERI, of the Asian City Climate Change Resilience Network (ACCCRN), reviews the ways in which seven of the programme’s Indian cities prepared climate resilience strategies. It notes how the policy-making...
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in India: Prospects for Pakistan
- V Ahmed; A. Q. Suleri; M Adnan / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2014
- Despite usual political frictions, the trade normalization process between India and Pakistan progressed at an encouraging pace during the recent past. Foreign and commerce ministers and secretaries from both sides have met several ti...
- Informal trade between India and Pakistan
- V Ahmed; A. Q. Suleri; M Abdul Wahab; A Javed / Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2014
- Trade restrictions between India and Pakistan have led to curtailing formal trade; rising consumer appetite for the variety of goods available across the border has implied substantial increases in informal mechanisms through which tr...
- Writing About Nutrition in Indian Newspapers: Lessons Learned from the OneWorld POSHAN Media Fellowship
- Rahul Kumar; Elisa Knebel / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2014
- To try to raise the profile of nutrition in the Indian media, POSHAN and the OneWorld Foundation, India (OWFI) co-implemented the six-month OneWorld-POSHAN Fellowship on Maternal and Child Undernutrition. The...
- Improving livelihoods through conservation and education. A case study of the Swastha butterfly garden
- M. Rich / Norwegian Institute for International Affairs, 2014
- In many parts of the developing world, those with physical or mental handicaps are often considered to be a burden on society, with limited to no remunerative activities available in the workforce. Activities such as butterfly farming...
- Sustainability coffee certification in India. Perceptions and practices
- P.G. Chengappa / Norwegian Institute for International Affairs, 2014
- Certification programs has been employed in many agricultural products as a means to encourage and communicate compliance with standards associated with various attributes, such as organic, fair-trade, GMO free, and eco-friendly, amon...
- Institute of Economic Growth, India (IEG)
- The Institute of Economic Growth (IEG) is an autonomous, multidisciplinary Centre for advanced research and training. IEG's research falls into the following broad themes: agriculture and rural development environment and resource economics globalization and trade industry, labour and welfare macro-economic policy and mo...
- Realising Sexual and Reproductive Justice (RESURJ)
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- The Ministry of Home Affairs for the Government of India
- Development Support Center (DSC)
- Development Support Center (DSC) is an Indian resource organisation that provides knowledge based support to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), government agencies and other stakeholders in the field of natural resource management.
- Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
- Think Tank aiming to promote India's relations with other countries through study, research, discussions, lectures, exchange of ideas and information with other organisations within and outside India engaged in similar activities.
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights ((NCDHR))
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights is a forum committed to the elimination of discrimination based on caste.
- Ministry of Power
- The Ministry of Power started functioning independently with effect from 2nd July, 1992. Earlier it was known as the Ministry of Energy sources. The Ministry of Power is primarily responsible for the development of electrical energy in the country. The Ministry is concerned with perspective planning, policy formulation, processing of projects for investment decision, monitoring of the implementati...
- Current World Environment
- Current World Environment an international, open access, peer reviewed research journal is published tri-annually in April, August and December with sole aim of rapid dissemination of scientific knowledge among scientists, technocrats, planner and elite citizens for a better life supporting system and to promote the cause for environment and sustainable responses to climate change.
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Wildlife Fund, India (WWF-India)
- Established as a Charitable Trust on November 27, 1969, WWF India has experience of over four decades in the field. From a modest beginning, the organisation was propelled forward by the efforts of its founders and associates who volunteered their time and energy to lend momentum to this movement. A part of WWF International, the organisation has made its presence felt through a sustained effort n...