Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Climate and Development Knowledge Network | 10 things to know: Gender equality and achieving climate goals
- R. Sogani / Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2016
- Although climate change and poverty are increasingly recognised as interlinked global problems, responses often focus on their scientific and economic dimensions only. This research study highlights the advantages and challenges of pu...
- Report of the committee to review the issues relating to the coastal regulation zone, 2011 (Shailesh Nayak Committee)
- Indian Parliament WWW 2016
- Apart from recommending the framework for a new draft CRZ notification, the report proposes a conservation, protection and management Framework for CRZ-1 areas?? that are considered to be ecologically fragile area and with dense mangr...
- Oxygen isotope in archaeological bioapatites from India: Implications to climate change and decline of Bronze Age Harappan civilization
- A. Sarkar / Nature [journal] 2016
- Summers get hotter, rains decline and crops fail. The conflict between people increase and migration in search of better lands and skies begin. This is how the lives of our ancestors played out thousands of years ago. The Harappan or ...
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Enhancing India-Myanmar border trade: policy and implementation measures
- R.U. Das / Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- India and Myanmar are geographically proximate countries with strong historical, cultural and economic linkages. With recent economic dynamism and changes in their respective political regimes, the overall bilateral relations between ...
- Beneficial effects of 12-week OM chanting on memory in school children
- World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016
- Pranayama is a yogic practice where the subject prolongs and controls the breath, which helps to bring the conscious awareness in breathing; to reshape breathing habits and patterns. OM is one of the fundamental symbols used in the yo...
- Election Analysis: Battle for the States: Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The assembly election verdicts for Assam, Kerala, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu and West Bengal emerged on 19 May 2016. Election manifestos in India are buttressed by guarantees made on domestic, local issues. State governments m...
- Reframing undernutrition: faecally - transmitted infections and the 5 As
- R. Chambers; G. von Medeazza / Institute of Development Studies UK 2014
- The dominant nutrition discourse concerns access to adequate food and its quality. It now includes food security, food rights and justice, governance and agriculture. Despite many initiatives to assure food access, and growing economi...
- Deconstructing India's position on the Trade in Services Agreement
- K. Kaszubska / Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi 2016
- Since the advent of the World Trade Organization (WTO) over two decades ago, international trade in services has undergone significant transformation, rendering the current regime obsolete. In light of the long-drawn Doha round of WTO...
- Rising powers, lowering emissions?
- P. Newell; M. Morgan; H. Bulkeley / Institute of Development Studies UK 2016
- The importance of ensuring that African countries can meet their rising energy needs in a low-carbon way that also benefits the poor, is widely accepted. The so-called rising powers, such as China, Brazil and India are alr...
- IPE-Centre for Knowledge Development (IPE CKD)
- IPE-Centre for Knowledge Development (CKD) is the knowledge management arm of IPE Global Limited established in 2013 to extend the frontiers of knowledge and promote experimentation for innovative solutions to global development challenges. Under the IPE-CKD initiative, we look at coming up with publications and reports both in house through our own researches and through partner supported init...
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)