Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- Making sustainable development the key focus of the BRICS New Development Bank
- T. Bertelsmann-Scott; C. Friis; C. Prinsloo / South African Institute of International Affairs 2016
- As the New Development Bank (NDB) gears up to extend its first loans in the second quarter of 2016, with its self-stated aim to fund infrastructure and sustainable development projects in BRICS and other emerging economies...
- IPCS Forecast 2016: cardinal transitions, red herrings, shrinking spaces
- Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies, India 2016
- The Institute of Peace and Conflict Studies (IPCS) Forecast 2016 is a collection of writings on the near-term trajectories of a wide range of geographic and thematic issues covering Asia, the United States and Nuclear power and energy...
- Child Underweight, Land Productivity and Public Services: A District-Level Analysis for India
- S.S. Vepa; B. Viswanathan; R. Parasar; R.V. Bhavani / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- Though Indias rank has improved in the Global Hunger Index, contributed largely by the fall in the underweight rates for children, concerns of high level of undernutrition in predominantly agricultural pockets remain. This study...
- Resetting India’s engagement in Central Asia: from symbols to substance
- B. Dave / S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies 2016
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modis visit in July 2015 to all five Central Asian Republics (CARs), Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, followed by his visit to Ufa, Russia, to attend the joi...
- Do boys eat better than girls in India?
- Young Lives 2016
- This paper examines gender inequalities in the quality of childrens diet, as defined by dietary diversity, among children growing up in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Dietary diversity is a fundamental aspect of good nutrition: a...
- Early child marriages in Haryana
- Society for Participatory Research in Asia 2016
- In India, child marriage has been practiced for centuries. The problem of child marriages in India is a complex one because of the interplay of religious traditions, social practices, economic factors and blind beliefs. There are vari...
- Who drives climate-relevant policies in the Rising Powers?
- H. Schmitz / Institute of Development Studies UK 2016
- The future of human life on our planet is influenced increasingly by what goes on in the rising powers. This report presents a political economy analysis of their policies, comparing China, India, Brazil and South Africa. The i...
- South-South cooperation: mapping new frontiers
- Research and Information System for Developing Countries 2016
- Ideological solidarity apart, what has imparted an added traction and resonance to South-South Cooperation is a marked increase in intra-South trade, investment and developmental cooperation. The 2008 global economic slowdown, by defa...
- Vulnerability and risk assessment to support implementation of the Uttarakhand action plan on climate change
- Climate and Development Knowledge Network 2013
- The Climate Knowledge and Development Network supported a Vulnerability and Risk Assessment process in Uttarakhand to provide the Government of Uttarakhand with the evidence base to refine and prioritise the UAPCC. This was to ...
- Collaborating for women’s economic, social and political empowerment: India and Africa
- Knowledge Partnership Programme 2015
- Over one third of the world’s poor reside in Africa and though over the last century African countries have made significant strides in promoting gender equity, the equality in society in terms of access and control over family,...
- S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS)