Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS print collection
Browse all the latest print documents from the British Library of Development Studies...
- The Paradox of Gender Responsive Budgeting
- Research for improving policymaking related to non-monetised sectors, such as unpaid care work, is currentIt is difficult to conceive of any public policy to ensure the continued enjoyment of women’s rights that can be carried o...
- Riding the Sudanese storm: China, India, Russia, Brazil and the two Sudans
- D. Large; L. Patey / South African Institute of International Affairs, 2014
- The creation of two Sudans following South Sudan’s independence has had important repercussions for two leading partners – China and India – trying to adapt to turbulent new circumstances and fluid politics. The tran...
- Rethinking Social Protection Using a Gender Lens
- R. Holmes; N. Jones / Overseas Development Institute, 2010
- The role of gender in social protection is complex, shaping the types of risks tackled, how they are tackled, public buy-in and programme implementation practices. However, the extent to which gender has been integrated into social pr...
- Eldis Interactions: gender-based violence
- Institute of Development Studies UK, 2014
- What is gender-based violence (GBV) and what is meant by collective action? What approaches and initiatives have proven successful in tackling GBV? As part of the Eldis Interactions’ Empowerment for Women and Girls website, thes...
- Child Marriage in South Asia
- Center for Food Safety, 2013
- Child marriage is a human rights crisis occurring on an alarming scale in South Asia. South Asia accounts for almost half of all child marriages that occur globally. Child marriage does not constitute a single rights violation; rather...
- Women’s Social Security and Protection in India
- What are the real-life situations and challenges relating to Indian women’s social security and protection, and what can be done to improve them? This publication documents the Conference on Women’s Social Security ...
- Equality Path: planning and budgeting with a gender lens
- UN Women, 2012
- An increasing number of countries are introducing measures in their planning and budgeting processes to address more effectively the persisting inequalities between women and men and boys and girls in all sectors. This video features ...
- Gender Responsive Budgeting and Aid Effectiveness Knowledge Briefs
- United Nations Development Fund for Women, 2010
- This series investigated how gender responsive budgeting (GRB) tools and strategies had been used in the context of aid modalities, such as general budget support (GBS) and sector budget support (SBS). Research was carried out in ten ...
- Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda reports
- D. Budlender / UN Women, 2009
- These research reports (one composite report and ten country reports) have been generated as part of the UNIFEM programme, 'Integrating gender responsive budgeting into the aid effectiveness agenda'. The three-year programme...
- An overview of changing scenario of economic empowerment through gender budgeting
- S. Nadal 2014
- According to this article, the mainstream of ‘women in development’ planning is critical in determining the extent to how much women could participate and obtain benefit from development process. This involves understandin...
- Realising Sexual and Reproductive Justice (RESURJ)
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- The Ministry of Home Affairs for the Government of India
- Development Support Center (DSC)
- Development Support Center (DSC) is an Indian resource organisation that provides knowledge based support to Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), government agencies and other stakeholders in the field of natural resource management.
- Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)
- Think Tank aiming to promote India's relations with other countries through study, research, discussions, lectures, exchange of ideas and information with other organisations within and outside India engaged in similar activities.
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights ((NCDHR))
- National Campaign on Dalit Human Rights is a forum committed to the elimination of discrimination based on caste.
- Ministry of Power
- The Ministry of Power started functioning independently with effect from 2nd July, 1992. Earlier it was known as the Ministry of Energy sources. The Ministry of Power is primarily responsible for the development of electrical energy in the country. The Ministry is concerned with perspective planning, policy formulation, processing of projects for investment decision, monitoring of the implementati...
- Current World Environment
- Current World Environment an international, open access, peer reviewed research journal is published tri-annually in April, August and December with sole aim of rapid dissemination of scientific knowledge among scientists, technocrats, planner and elite citizens for a better life supporting system and to promote the cause for environment and sustainable responses to climate change.
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Wildlife Fund, India (WWF-India)
- Established as a Charitable Trust on November 27, 1969, WWF India has experience of over four decades in the field. From a modest beginning, the organisation was propelled forward by the efforts of its founders and associates who volunteered their time and energy to lend momentum to this movement. A part of WWF International, the organisation has made its presence felt through a sustained effort n...
- Indian Streams Research Journal (ISRJ)
- A multidisciplinary research journal, published monthly in English, Hindi and Marathi.