India and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Political economy analysis for food and nutrition security
- MR Reich; Y Balarajan / World Bank, 2012
- The overall goal of this paper is to promote the use of political economy analysis in advancing more effective food and nutrition policies. The paper reviews the field of applied political economy for the food and nutrition sector, an...
- The politics of Brazil, China, and India’s response to obesity and diabetes: proposing an interdisciplinary approach to unifying international relations theory, history, and policy
- E.J. Gómez 2013
- Despite sharing similar interests in working together to increase their international political and economic influence, in recent years the emerging BRICS nations (Brazil, India, China, Russia, and South Africa) have differed in their...
- Setting the scene: assessing and planning with harm reduction partners
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance, 2013
- Community Action on Harm Reduction (CAHR) is an project spanning China, India, Indonesia, Kenya and Malaysia that aims to expand coverage to more than 230,000 people who inject drugs, their partners and children, with a wide range of ...
- Community participation for safe motherhood
- How does community respond to increasing risk to mother and child? Do traditional methods of life-saving, when combined with contemporary practices in maternal health, lead to new safe practices? The intervention discussed in this stu...
- Prioritising nutrition in order to achieve the MDGs in India
- V. Kumar / Young Lives, 2012
- Malnutrition causes long-term damage to children’s development, with huge social and economic costs. It affects not only children’s physical development but also their cognitive development, so reducing future productivity...
- Report of Working Group on Health Information Network
- National Knowledge Commission, 2011
- This study contains recommendations on use of ICT in Healthcare and Knowledge management for the National Knowledge Commission. To address the problems, the government has launched major national initiatives such as National Rural Hea...
- Unregulated and unaccountable: how the private health care sector in India is putting women’s lives at risk
- C. Averill 2013
- This Oxfam briefing reveals that decades of appallingly low investment in the public health sector has left India with a health system, which is unable to meet the needs of its citizens. Despite recent efforts to strengthen the public...
- Development support program for stone quarry affected communities in West-Bengal and Jarkhand, Pilot Project 2010-2012, Evaluation Report
- R. Kumar 2012
- The project is implemented particularly for the benefit of those Santhal communities who are working in stone quarry and crusher units of Jharkhand and West Bengal. The major focus areas of the project are occupational Safety, Health,...
- Review of the potential health impacts of climate change in India
- P. K. Singh; R. Dhiman / National Institute of Malaria Research, 2012
- Climate change can have direct negative consequences on a number of health indices, due to climate affecting water, air quality, disease and physical comfort. As the risk of increasingly variable and severe climatic change is becoming...
- Shifting paradigm: how the BRICS are reshaping global health and development
- Global Health Strategies, 2012
- BRICS' (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) foreign assistance spending has been growing rapidly and these countries have been exploring opportunities for more formal collaboration among themselves and with developing count...
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi)
- The WBTi is a flagship programme of IBFAN Asia that initiates a participatory assessment of the strengths and weaknesses in the 10 areas of policies and programmes meant for implementing the Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding.
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI)
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI) is an international foundation with the vision to improve child health and nutrition of all children in low and middle income countries through research that informs health policy and practice.
- Urban Health Resource Centre (UHRC)
- Indian urban health network
- Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India (AMCHSS)
- Indian centre for research and training on public health
- Social and Development Research and Action Group (SADRAG)
- Action research and development organisation focusing on gender and socio-economic issues in India
- Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Indian Medical Journal
- Indian Journal of Community Medicine
- Freely available online journal of Indian Community Medicine
- Journal of the Indian Medical Association
- The Journal of the Indian Medical association (JIMA) is now available online.
- Centre for Operations Research and Training, India (CORT)
- Reproductive health research with immediate policy relevance