India and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Agriculture and child under-nutrition in India: a state level analysis
- S.S. Vepa; V. Umashan kar; B.V. Bhavani; R. Parasar / Madras School of Economics, India, 2014
- The basic rationale for exploring agriculture-nutrition linkage in developing countries is the existence of high level of undernutrition among rural population and a high level of their dependence on agriculture for livelihood. ...
- Air pollution reduction and control in South Asia
- Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Pakistan, 2012
- With increasing urbanisation and economic growth, air pollution is becoming an urgent concern in South Asian countries Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. The objective of this study is to look into and...
- Writing About Nutrition in Indian Newspapers: Lessons Learned from the OneWorld POSHAN Media Fellowship
- Rahul Kumar; Elisa Knebel / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2014
- To try to raise the profile of nutrition in the Indian media, POSHAN and the OneWorld Foundation, India (OWFI) co-implemented the six-month OneWorld-POSHAN Fellowship on Maternal and Child Undernutrition. The...
- Strengthening public health nutrition education in India
- s Khandelwal / Transform Nutrition, 2014
- Malnutrition remains a major challenge for public health and for human and economic development in India. A lack of adequately trained public health professionals and nutritionists means that this challenge is no...
- How healthy are the children of Indian Sundarbans?
- B. Kanjilal; S. Bose; N. Patra / Future Health Systems research consortium, 2013
- This report highlights the vulnerability of children in the Indian Sundarbans to health shocks. This is due to under-nutrition and the high prevalence of common communicable diseases. It focuses Patharpratima, as a representative bloc...
- Children’s multidimensional health and medium-run cognitive skills
- E. Aurino; F. Burchi / Young Lives, 2014
- By recognising the multifaceted nature of health, this paper engages in the lively debate on the effects of health in early childhood on educational outcomes in later life stages, bringing new evidence from four low-and middle-income ...
- Addressing heat-related health risks in urban India: Ahmedabad’s Heat Action Plan
- T.S. Shah; D. Mavalankar; G. Shah Azhar / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2014
- This case study explores how city officials, health professionals and community workers in Ahmedabad, Western India are preparing to save lives in the city’s increasingly frequent and intense hot spells. The paper documents the ...
- Neonates in Ahmedabad, India, during the 2010 heat wave: a climate change adaptation study
- K. Kakkad; M.L. Barzaga; S. Wallenstein / Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2014
- The effects of heat on childbirth and neonatal care within non-temperature controlled environments have only been minimally researched. Given the high vulnerability of pregnant women and newborn babies to increased heat, it is importa...
- Ageing and adult health status in eight lower-income countries: the INDEPTH WHO-SAGE collaboration
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Globally, ageing impacts all countries, with a majority of older persons residing in lower- and middle-income countries now and into the future. An understanding of the health and well-being of these ageing populations is important fo...
- Technology innovation in the Indian clean cooking sector: Identifying Critical gaps in enabling conditions
- A. Atteridge; N. Weitz; M. Nilsson / Stockholm Environment Institute, 2013
- This study applies a technical innovation systems framework to try and better understand the reasons why transformation of the clean cooking sector has failed to occur in India. It looks at the actors in the sector, the rules that gov...
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi)
- The WBTi is a flagship programme of IBFAN Asia that initiates a participatory assessment of the strengths and weaknesses in the 10 areas of policies and programmes meant for implementing the Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding.
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI)
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI) is an international foundation with the vision to improve child health and nutrition of all children in low and middle income countries through research that informs health policy and practice.
- Urban Health Resource Centre (UHRC)
- Indian urban health network
- Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India (AMCHSS)
- Indian centre for research and training on public health
- Social and Development Research and Action Group (SADRAG)
- Action research and development organisation focusing on gender and socio-economic issues in India
- Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Indian Medical Journal
- Indian Journal of Community Medicine
- Freely available online journal of Indian Community Medicine
- Journal of the Indian Medical Association
- The Journal of the Indian Medical association (JIMA) is now available online.
- Centre for Operations Research and Training, India (CORT)
- Reproductive health research with immediate policy relevance