India and Health
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- Children’s multidimensional health and medium-run cognitive skills
- E. Aurino; F. Burchi / Young Lives, 2014
- By recognising the multifaceted nature of health, this paper engages in the lively debate on the effects of health in early childhood on educational outcomes in later life stages, bringing new evidence from four low-and middle-income ...
- Addressing heat-related health risks in urban India: Ahmedabad’s Heat Action Plan
- T.S. Shah; D. Mavalankar; G. Shah Azhar / Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2014
- This case study explores how city officials, health professionals and community workers in Ahmedabad, Western India are preparing to save lives in the city’s increasingly frequent and intense hot spells. The paper documents the ...
- Neonates in Ahmedabad, India, during the 2010 heat wave: a climate change adaptation study
- K. Kakkad; M.L. Barzaga; S. Wallenstein / Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2014
- The effects of heat on childbirth and neonatal care within non-temperature controlled environments have only been minimally researched. Given the high vulnerability of pregnant women and newborn babies to increased heat, it is importa...
- Ageing and adult health status in eight lower-income countries: the INDEPTH WHO-SAGE collaboration
- African Population and Health Research Center, Nairobi, Kenya, 2010
- Globally, ageing impacts all countries, with a majority of older persons residing in lower- and middle-income countries now and into the future. An understanding of the health and well-being of these ageing populations is important fo...
- Technology innovation in the Indian clean cooking sector: Identifying Critical gaps in enabling conditions
- A. Atteridge; N. Weitz; M. Nilsson / Stockholm Environment Institute, 2013
- This study applies a technical innovation systems framework to try and better understand the reasons why transformation of the clean cooking sector has failed to occur in India. It looks at the actors in the sector, the rules that gov...
- Future proofing Indian cities: Final urban diagnostic for Madura
- Climate and Development Knowledge Network, 2014
- This document concludes that gaps in Madurai’s ‘green-blue infrastructure’ are perhaps the most pressing nexus of challenges the city needs to address to safeguard its long term future. The range of issues of particu...
- A Cross-Sectional, Randomized Cluster Sample Survey of Household Vulnerability to Extreme Heat among Slum Dwellers in Ahmedabad, India
- K.V. Tran; G.S. Azhar; R. Nair / International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 2013
- With climate change predicted to cause an increase in extreme temperatures in India, there is a significant risk that heat-waves, which already cause significant public health issues including thousands of deaths, could get considerab...
- Political economy analysis for food and nutrition security
- MR Reich; Y Balarajan / World Bank, 2012
- The overall goal of this paper is to promote the use of political economy analysis in advancing more effective food and nutrition policies. The paper reviews the field of applied political economy for the food and nutrition sector, an...
- Analyzing inter-sectoral convergence to improve child undernutrition in India: Development and application of a framework to examine policies in agriculture, health and nutrition
- R. Ved; P. Menon / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2012
- Currently in India, a major challenge in reducing undernutrition is bringing sectors together to deliver for a common goal. In this paper the authors describe a possible framework to enable convergence across sectors for action on nut...
- Accelerating reductions in undernutrition: what can nutrition governance tell us?
- Lawrence Haddad; Andres Mejia Acosta; Jessica Fanzo / Institute of Development Studies, Sussex [ES], 2012
- This paper uses a political economy approach to examine questions around the lack of progress toward nutrition goals in six countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, Ethiopia, India, Peru and Zambia. All have medium to strong nutrition governanc...
- Knowledge x-change on Sustainable Development (KxSD)
- As sustainable development has wide implications, it is important to draw lessons from the vast amount of available information in understanding and capturing ground realities in the various issues related to the sector. Exchange of ideas and knowledge would help identify and understand knowledge gaps in various areas in order to effectively achieve the intended goals of sustainability....
- World Breastfeeding Trends Initiative (WBTi)
- The WBTi is a flagship programme of IBFAN Asia that initiates a participatory assessment of the strengths and weaknesses in the 10 areas of policies and programmes meant for implementing the Global Strategy for Infant and Young Child Feeding.
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI)
- Child Health and Nutrition Research Initiative (CHNRI) is an international foundation with the vision to improve child health and nutrition of all children in low and middle income countries through research that informs health policy and practice.
- Urban Health Resource Centre (UHRC)
- Indian urban health network
- Achutha Menon Centre for Health Science Studies, Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India (AMCHSS)
- Indian centre for research and training on public health
- Social and Development Research and Action Group (SADRAG)
- Action research and development organisation focusing on gender and socio-economic issues in India
- Indian Journal of Medical Research
- Indian Medical Journal
- Indian Journal of Community Medicine
- Freely available online journal of Indian Community Medicine
- Journal of the Indian Medical Association
- The Journal of the Indian Medical association (JIMA) is now available online.
- Centre for Operations Research and Training, India (CORT)
- Reproductive health research with immediate policy relevance