India and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Gender matters: overcoming gender-related barriers to prevent new HIV infections among children and keep their mothers alive
- Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS 2016
- Studies indicate that harmful gender norms and practices, cultural perceptions and beliefs surrounding pregnancy and childbirth, and a distrust of health-care services all can pose barriers to HIV prevention and treatment. In particul...
- Beneficial effects of 12-week OM chanting on memory in school children
- World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 2016
- Pranayama is a yogic practice where the subject prolongs and controls the breath, which helps to bring the conscious awareness in breathing; to reshape breathing habits and patterns. OM is one of the fundamental symbols used in the yo...
- Reframing undernutrition: faecally - transmitted infections and the 5 As
- R. Chambers; G. von Medeazza / Institute of Development Studies UK 2014
- The dominant nutrition discourse concerns access to adequate food and its quality. It now includes food security, food rights and justice, governance and agriculture. Despite many initiatives to assure food access, and growing economi...
- Child Underweight, Land Productivity and Public Services: A District-Level Analysis for India
- S.S. Vepa; B. Viswanathan; R. Parasar; R.V. Bhavani / Leveraging Agriculture for Nutrition in South Asia 2016
- Though Indias rank has improved in the Global Hunger Index, contributed largely by the fall in the underweight rates for children, concerns of high level of undernutrition in predominantly agricultural pockets remain. This study...
- Do boys eat better than girls in India?
- Young Lives 2016
- This paper examines gender inequalities in the quality of childrens diet, as defined by dietary diversity, among children growing up in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Dietary diversity is a fundamental aspect of good nutrition: a...
- Early child marriages in Haryana
- Society for Participatory Research in Asia 2016
- In India, child marriage has been practiced for centuries. The problem of child marriages in India is a complex one because of the interplay of religious traditions, social practices, economic factors and blind beliefs. There are vari...
- “If we eat well, we can study”: Dietary diversity in the everyday lives of children in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, India
- E. Aurino; V. Morrow / Young Lives 2015
- Dietary diversity refers to the number of foods consumed over a specific period of time. Research shows that dietary diversity is associated with the appropriate intake of essential macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats and proteins) an...
- A wide angle view of learning Evaluation of the CCE and LEP programmes in Haryana, India
- E. Duflo; J. Berry; S. Mukerji; M. Shotland / International Initiative for Impact Evaluation 2015
- Current enrollment rates at the primary school level in India are well over 95 per cent, and dropout rates do not appear to increase dramatically with age - children between the ages of 11 and 14 are only three percentage points more ...
- Our time to be heard: stories giving voice to young people and their experience of HIV
- International HIV/AIDS Alliance 2015
- Produced by a network of citizen journalists around the world who report the HIV, health, and human rights stories affecting them and their communities, this collection of stories highlights the current challenges that young people ar...
- Social programmes and job promotion for the BRICS Youth
- P. Lara de Arruda; A.K. Slingsby / International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth 2014
- Besides scaling up and improving the operationalisation of the initiatives designed to offer credit, work opportunities and vocational training to the youth, the BRICS nations, like all the nations of the globe, are faced with the pre...