Indonesia and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Children’s action for disaster risk reduction: views from children in Asia
- International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) 2012
- This report indicates that Asian children and youth have been involved in hazard mapping, raising awareness through radio and games, as well as influencing other children, their teachers, parents and communities on how to reduce the e...
- Children’s vulnerability to climate change and disaster impacts in East Asia and the Pacific
- J. Lawler / United Nations Children's Fund 2011
- In 2011, UNICEF commissioned field research in Indonesia, Kiribati, Mongolia, Philippines and Vanuatu to determine if there were noticeable patterns and trends of climate change and disaster impacts on children. This regional report s...
- Need for comprehensive support strategies for orphans: evidence from Indonesia and Mexico
- P Gertler / Haas School of Business, University of California Berkeley 2004
- This paper investigates the effects of parental death and disability on investments in children's human capital using panel data sets from Indonesia and Mexico. The results in this analysis suggest that parental loss does, in fact, re...
- Orphanhood and chronic poverty in Indonesia: how do these factors impact on education and health?
- D. Suryadarma; Y. M. Pakpahan; A. Suryahadi / Chronic Poverty Research Centre, UK 2009
- What are the impacts of of parental death and chronic poverty on children's education and health in Indonesia? This paper estimates the short- and long-term effects of maternal and paternal death on children’s school enrolment, ...
- Technology-based vocational skills training for marginalized girls and young women in Indonesia
- G. Dunkley; C. Haddad (ed) / UNESCO Bangkok 2008
- In most impoverished communities, there has long been a heavy reliance on self-help mechanisms and micro-enterprise development (especially among women) in the informal economy for household and community survival and local income-gen...
- Addressing the problem of cross- border child trafficking in Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Indonesia
- R. Coomaraswamy; A. Satkunanathan / International Labour Organization 2006
- What are the inadequacies of the legal frameworks addressing the problem of cross- border trafficking? This extensive paper looks at international legal frameworks, and regional conventions. It highlights inadequacies of the legal fra...
- Can education partnerships promote equal opportunities for girls?
- United Nations Girls' Education Initiative 2007
- This document looks at education partnerships as a way of empowering girls and promoting equal opportunities. It discuses seven case studies from East Asia on programmes addressing the educational needs of girls, particularly those wh...
- Good practices in eliminating the worst forms of Asian child labour
- Humantrafficking.org 2006
- Child trafficking is widespread in much of Asia. The International Labour Organisation (ILO) estimates that children make up 40 to 50 per cent of the 2.45 million persons trafficked for exploitative labour. The ILO Convention on the W...
- Training young people to deal with future disasters
- UNICEF East Asia and Pacific Regional Office 2007
- Young people in Indonesia, Pakistan and Thailand have been confronted in the past few years with a series of disasters of tremendous proportions. This paper reports on a regional forum on Disasters and the Aftermath held in Bangkok fr...
- Bonded child labour in India, Pakistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Indonesia and the Phillipines
- W.F., Jr. Stafford (ed); J. Blagbrough; P. Chaujar; S.E. Brewer, / Child Workers in Asia 2007
- This document presents an overview of bonded child labour in South and Southeast Asia, and provides information on legal instruments and approaches that organisations might use to fight it. The report first defines the natu...