Iran and Children and young people
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS children & young people collection
- Search for the latest children & young people-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Can a nuclear deal help Iran’s young labor force?
- F. Roudi / Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars 2015
- Iran is poised to reap a vast “demographic dividend” if the appropriate national and international policies are adopted, including a nuclear deal with the P5+1 (five permanent members of the UN Security Council, plus Germa...
- Abolishing the juvenile death penalty in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, and Yemen
- Human Rights Watch 2008
- Strongly advocating banning the juvenile death penalty, this paper looks at a number of countries where the juvenile death penalty is sill used, namely Iran, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, and Yemen. The authors conclude with a number...
- The socio-political impact of delayed marriage for Middle Eastern youths
- D. Singerman / Middle East Youth Initiative 2007
- Demographic transition in the Middle East and North African region has led to what has been termed a ‘youth bulge’, with over 50% of the population being under 25. With co-habitation legally and culturally unacceptabl...
- Governments failing to provide adequate sexual and reproductive health services for young people in the Arab States and Iran
- B.L. Shepard; J.L DeJong / Harvard School of Public Health 2005
- This research reviews young peoples sexual and reproductive health (YPSRH) and gender issues affecting young people ages 1024 in 19 Arab States and the Islamic Republic of Iran. The situation analysis revealed an urgent ne...
- A review of law and policy on corporal punishment of children in the Middle East and North Africa
- Global Initiative to End All Corporal Punishment of Children 2005
- This report reviews law and policy in relation to corporal punishment and deliberate humiliation of children in each state in the Middle East and North Africa. The human rights imperative to end all corporal punishment is discussed, t...