Iraq and Agriculture and food
Check the most recent online additions, updated daily.
Content from selected partners can be found by following the relevant links in the central panel below - or check out our editor's selection of the best sector specific information from other websites.
- The BLDS agriculture collection
Search for the latest agriculture-related print documents on this country from the British Library for Development Studies collection
- Would Syria’s agricultural sector benefit from an east-Mediterranean common market?
- M. Babili / AgEcon Search, 2013
- The series of recent economic sanctions against Syria imposed by several countries and blocs sparkled the idea of a regional common market that comprises Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. This paper looks into the actual possibility of e...
- Better integrated management of water resources and regulation is needed to manage chronic water scarcity in this region
- K. Frenken (ed) / Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 2009
- This FAO report aims to provide an accurate status of rural water resources management, with a special focus on irrigation, highlighting the major changes that have occurred in the last decade. In each country, the paper fea...
- US corporate interests and the war on terror.
- GRAIN, 2009
- This briefing determines that the US’s agricultural reconstruction work in Afghanistan and Iraq is an intrinsic part of the US military campaign. It asserts that the US pushes neo-liberal policies giving easy entry to US agribus...
- Serious implications due to rural-to-urban migration and rural ageing in the Arab region
- Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia, 2007
- This report highlights the course of fertility and mortality transitions, and examines trends in rural and urban populations in the 22 countries of the Arab region for the period 1980-2050. Additionally, it exposes age-structural chan...
- Liberalisation will not cut poverty in Near East and North Africa
- N. Minot; M. Chemingui; M. Thomas / International Fund for Agricultural Development, 2007
- Some argue that free trade is good for poverty reduction. This report examines the impact of trade liberalisation on small farmers and other poor households in the Near East and North Africa (NENA) region. It combines a comprehensive ...
- How to increase food security in MENA countries
- H. Lofgren; A. Richards / International Food Policy Research Institute, 2003
- This paper examines household and country level food security issues in the MENA region looking broadly at economic, policy and environmental factors and assessing their impacts. It finds that in the MENA region household food ...
- Environmental protection will be a key ingredient of sustainable development in post-conflict Iraq
- United Nations [UN] Environment Programme, 2003
- Drawing on information available from multiple sources, including current media, government and NGO reports, this paper provides a preliminary assessment of the most pressing environmental challenges facing those involved in the post-...
- UN leadership and reconstruction funded by allies is vital for Iraq recovery
- Oxfam, 2003
- Briefing notes proposing how the international community should assist the people of Iraq in establishing their own administration after the war. Proposals are based on Oxfam's experience and lessons from Kosovo, Bosnia, East Timor an...
- Humanitarian impacts of war in Iraq
- Eldis Questioning Development Resource Guide, 2003
- Collection of documents forecasting the humanitarian consequences of the current war on Iraq. Common to these are assertions that: as a result of 12 years of sanctions, the Iraqi population is far more vulnerable...
- Military action to safe-guard oil reserves threatens to increase environmental injustice
- Friends of the Earth, 2003
- This briefing note asserts that the possible damage to the environment, to communities and above all to civilians deserves urgent practical and moral consideration before any decision for war is taken. The author claims that neither t...